GLS's Equipment

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by GLS, Jan 12, 2004.

1. randy2625

randy2625 LawnSite Member

lets see a picture of the alternator setup.im not into plowing yet but i will be and i own a chevy truck so im getting some ideas.

2. GLS

GLS LawnSite Bronze Member

I bought the alternator from a company called Alterstart (<--click for website).

They list it as $250 on their site but they sell it on ebay for $200.

I've only had it on for about a month, but so far so good. I've got to plow with the new setup too. It works great.

First pic shows the new alt. next to the old stock alt. It's not huge, but it's a lot bigger than the stock one.

alts.jpg

3. GLS

And this one just shows it bolted in to place.

I forgot to mention, it bolts right on with no modifications.

alt.jpg

4. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Wow you're packed tighter than I thought! I'd noticed the tilted gate. if you could get the enclosed in the same color as your truck that would be really sweet! The HO alternator and dual batteries is a great idea.

5. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

GLS, tight squeeze but it must get the job done. looks good

6. randy2625

randy2625 LawnSite Member

looks like a nice setup does anyone know any sites on how to setup a duel battery...

7. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Easy- just add a tray and battery and run a heavy gauge cable from positive to positive and negative to negative. Leave the power cables for the vehicle hooked to the original battery just like they were.

8. youngdude

youngdude LawnSite Member

Everything looks so new, how many hours do you have on the mowers

9. GLS

ZTR only has about 20 hours, I bought it late fall.

Walk Behind has about 125 hours.

21" doesn't have an hour meter, but it has been used a lot. That is the mower I started with. It probably has about 300 hours on it. I wish I would have added an hour meter to it. I will next time.

Basically all of the 2-cycle stuff shown was bought new within the last year except the fs85 which I have used 2 seasons.

Truck, plow, and dumper are 1995. Truck has 85,000 on it.

Trailer is a 2002.

10. grassrootsinab

grassrootsinab LawnSite Member
    from up here

Everything looks great!! It's nice to see some other Deere's on this site...not too many from what I've seen.

Is your 21" self-propelled? I'm running JS 63 3-speed mowers (and a 36" JD walk behind). Looking to get a more powerful Deere 21" this spring though.