GLS's Equipment

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by GLS, Jan 12, 2004.

1. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

Actually , I like the natural look. IMO I would just polyeurothane them

2. myoder

myoder LawnSite Member

IMO, I would paint my sides black to match the ezdumper but polyuerothaning them would still look good and protect them from the weather.

3. chadh

chadh LawnSite Member
    from pa

actully ryan i like your sides the way they are now, as far as putting a coat of polyurathane would not be a good idea, its just dosen't hold up IMO. i would use a good quality water sealer and just seal them mabye once a year and they should last a long time. I would recomend either olympic water sealer or thompsons

4. mkemp

mkemp LawnSite Member

Ryan,
    I just recently bought a new JD 757 60" ,, I saw your pics and was curious if you used any kind of a stripe kit on your mower ?

mark

5. GLS

GLS LawnSite Bronze Member

No striping kit, it's all stock. We've thought about adding one, but think it stripes fine without one.

6. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

GLS, How many accounts do you have?

Any problems with the truck? Hows the gas milage?

Nice looking setup!

7. GLS

~35 lawn maintenance contracts in 2004. We do a lot of landscape maintenance (shurb trimming, mulching, etc.) and landscaping also. Gotta keep a light load until college is finished.

The chevy has been a real good truck. It's almost to 100k of hard miles. No major problems. Water pump, starter, and head gasket replacement (common problem on the 350's) is all I can think of. Gas mileage is 7-8 towing the trailer, up to 12mpg on the highway.

The duramax hasn't had any problems yet. It's getting a blizzard 810 snowplow this weekend. The fuel mileage for it is up to 18 on the highway, about 12 towing the trailer in town (both trucks are driven with a heavy foot).

I don't know if I ever posted a pic of the duramax in this thread, so here is one:

duramax.jpg

8. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Man if that aint one pretty truck.

9. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

one nice thing of a truck like mine (one ton flatbed with sides) i can haul 10 yards of debris with open top sides, and up to 4 tons (3.5 would be alot better). gotta 7.5 liter big block 460, EFI, hooked to a a/t with 3.55 gears gets 6 mpg towing trailer around town, maybe 8 without trailer on highway (once got 9 babying it).

That dual exhaust on your blue truck? Both are sharp trucks.

10. GLS

The blue truck has a cat-back dual exhaust, no muffler. The black one will be getting a 4" exhaust soon, probably without a muffler.

What size is the deck on your truck FSM? We might put a dumping flatbed on the blue truck someday, it obviously wouldn't be as big as yours. Did you ever get a hoist put on it? That would be a must for us.