1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

GLS's Equipment

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by GLS, Jan 12, 2004.

1. TriCountyLawn

TriCountyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Pretty sure your old blue chevy lives 3 houses down from me now. I think JB must have sold it perhaps? I certainly have a sense of seeing that truck before....lol
  2. T Scapes

T Scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

cool deal man. I just got a 4720 and love it . Using it a ton for tree work right now, cant wait to plow snow with it, seems like it would be helpful for mulching large areas with a 84in mulch bucket
  3. GLS

GLS LawnSite Bronze Member

We may have to eventually have some areas redone. I hope to keep it in service for a while. I just hate to dump a bunch of money into it and decide to trade up. We'll see.

Sucks how fast they rust. We have always been good about thoroughly washing after every event. Even found a car wash with heated bays.
  4. GLS

Could be. Not sure if JB sold it or not. Look for a dent in the bed on the right/rear where the 4x4 sticker is. If so, it was mine.
  5. GLS

Nice, 4720 is a pretty big machine. We kinda want a light materials bucket for the occasional mulch job or snow moving. Just can't quite justify it.
  6. trdtundra00

trdtundra00 LawnSite Member

After having the Ditch Witch and the Kubota, if you could only have one or the other which one would you choose? I'm going back and forth between getting a mini-skid or tractor and am having a hard time deciding.
  7. GLS

They both have their place, but ultimately I would have to say mini-skid if I could only have one.

One reason is the size of a mini-skid. Much easier to transport, fits almost anywhere, etc.

Tractor typically has more capabilities. Lift capacity/volume, bigger implements, fast transport speed, etc.

We find the mini-skid convenient to bring along to small jobs where it wouldn't be worth taking the tractor.

It really depends on what you intend to use it for. Hopefully that helps narrow it down some!
  8. SIWEL

SIWEL LawnSite Senior Member

I have a kubota tractor and some times I wish I bought a mini skid instead. The tractor serves its purpose exactly how it's supposed to, but is somewhat clumsy in very tight areas
  9. GLS

We've had a couple plowable snow events so far. Here's a few pics

10. S-205

S-205 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ontario

Good to see you got some snow too! Hope everything went smooth, did you get to use the Kubota this storm?