GLS's Equipment

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by GLS, Jan 12, 2004.

1. GLS

GLS LawnSite Bronze Member

December is off to a good start for us. We've hit 2" triggers 2x, 1" 3x, plus a salt run only event. That's a big change from what our area has had the last couple winters. Of course, things can change quick. Hoping the rest of winter goes well.

No problems so far. Everything has been running well.

We actually haven't used the kubota yet this winter. We will if we get any big snows (snows have been light thus far).

Bring on the snow, hope winter is good for all the plowers :drinkup:

2. T Scapes

T Scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

nice to see some snow. we surpassed our snow total in the fist 2 storms this year from all of last year were getting our 4th storm in 8 days coming in around 5am

3. GLS

Glad to hear!

Models are hinting at a potentially big storm for us this weekend. Euro currently has us in 14". I'm sure the track will change, but i'll be happy with 2".

Going to pickup a used 810 tomorrow for a backup. I'm sure we'll jinx snow for the rest of the season.

4. Silver creek lawn care

Silver creek lawn care LawnSite Member

how do you like the blizzard plows they look cool

5. T Scapes

T Scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

nice our first storm was suppose to be a coating to an inch got 10" second was 5" third 3"(21 hours) due to ice and todays 1-3 was just a salt run

6. GLS

We love them. You can't beat the expandable wings. Ours are all older units (ph1, before douglas dynamics bought Blizzard), I can't speak for the newer ones.

7. GLS

Always be prepared! We always try to have one truck loaded and ready to roll at all times in case of "suprise events".

8. GLS

We had about 5" of snow the other day :dancing:

Here's a few shots from that event

My ride

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. GLS

Brothers ride

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. TriCityLawnCareLLC

TriCityLawnCareLLC LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ohio

nice. Do you do enough salting to justify a v-box type salt spreader vs the tailgate?