GLS's Equipment

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by GLS, Jan 12, 2004.

1. SDLandscapes VT

SDLandscapes VT LawnSite Senior Member

For those inquiring about the Ditch Witch SK 650

We have one and we have 1500 ish hours on it. Very low maintenance commitments, rugged rugged machine

We have a hybrid light materials/grading bucket, the soil cultivator, a claw/rake grapple, forks, and a home made snow pusher.

We run the doors off of this machine and use it for a myriad of planting and grading jobs. We have a switch and go roll off which is a beautiful paring for the machine much like GLS's dump trailer.

He is not in any way overselling this machine

2. GLS

GLS LawnSite Bronze Member

SD - no employees, we are a 2-man operation. Just not ready tackle the headaches associated with employees.

We are predominately maintenance. I don't really keep track of the percentage, but I would say only 10% landscape install. We just don't have time to tackle many big projects. Obviously we need employees for that.

The miniskid was one of our best purchasing decisions. I won't go into all the benefits, but every landscaper should own one.

SD, your posts about the sk650 were very persuasive when we were researching the machine, DW should give you a discount for promoting them!

Here's yet another use of our miniskid. Picked up this used 810 about 6 hrs away. Pull the miniskid out of the garage (takes up little space) and offload it. 950#, no sweat.

[​IMG]

3. 94gt331

94gt331 LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male

Everything looks really awesome!

4. S-205

S-205 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ontario

Right now, which truck do you personally use the most? It appears to be the Cummins?

5. SDLandscapes VT

@GLS my Ditch Witch guy takes care of me.

6. SDLandscapes VT

@GLS per your recommendation we went to rubbertrax with the hope that we could order those tracks like you have, except they were have quality issues and directed us to the factory "turf friendly" style. I m hoping that they get that issue sorted out so we can try the ones like you have...have you had a good experience?

7. GLS

GLS LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks!

The '08 cummins is my plow rig. It also is the primary lawn maintenance vehicle. The duramax is my brothers plow rig. Summertime it serves mostly as a landscape truck (towing dump trailer, etc.), and lawn apps. Wintertime they are 50/50. Summertime it's probably more like 60% cummins, 40% duramax.

Actually, we are using Prowler tracks, not rubbertrax. They are great so far. We haven't had any trouble, and they are very gentle on turf.

[​IMG]

8. Barrett Landscaping

Barrett Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

x2 on the prowler tracks. I use them on my vermeer s600tx and i really only need to plywood areas where I am turning unless I am going back and fourth alot. they are alot smoother on concrete as well IMO.

9. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Looking good here! Glad to see you've got some snow to shove around. I sure would love to have one of those mini skids.

10. SDLandscapes VT

Just FYI--mini skid does not move snow well in a pushing capacity--blower or broom different story, but pushing not so much