Glufosinate Ammonium - Mix Ratios

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by EdTLawn, Jul 12, 2007.

1. EdTLawn

EdTLawn LawnSite Member

2. TurfProSTL

TurfProSTL LawnSite Senior Member

First off, its g/L

The concentrate is 6 times more potent than the RTU

So 60 ml of the concentrate in 1 L of water would give you the same percentage of active ingredient as the RTU

3. EdTLawn

EdTLawn LawnSite Member

The math doesn't work out ! it would still work out to a mix ratio of 167ml of concentrate to liter of water to get the same comcentrations as the RTU stuff of 10g/L

4. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

This is not Roundup. Nor glyfosate. It is a quick-acting burn down product. The retail product is called "Finale" around here. Works quickly, but not as good for anything with deep roots.

The concentrate is 6 times stronger than the Ready-to-Use. Take one ounce of concentrate--add 5 ounces of water--and you are at the ready-to-use concentration.

5. TurfProSTL

TurfProSTL LawnSite Senior Member

10/1 = 60/6

Guess thats right.....

6. EdTLawn

EdTLawn LawnSite Member

Its not that simple if you look at the overall contents based on their labelling

Its more like this 10g/1L 10g/1000ML = 0.01g/ML and 60g/L 60g/1000ML = 0.06g/ML

So if the RTU contains 10g/L then to get the same amount in the concentrate mix, you would need to add 0.06 x 167ML = 10.02g

Which is roughly makes 6 bottles of the stuff if I use 167ml/L, but the instructions on the concentrate tells you to mix ONLY 33-66ml/L which is 2.5 -3 times less than the RTU stuff

7. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

EdT

Before I make any statement about this, I would like to see a label for both that lists the percentages of the AI in each package. I don't know this product or do I care to, But I feel my math is good enough to get a correct answer. The given weight of the AI is not the best way to do the correct math.

8. EdTLawn

EdTLawn LawnSite Member

Its mentioned on their site and on the label is identical.

http://www.cil.nu-gro.com/products/product_e.php?prodID=69&category=4

http://www.cil.nu-gro.com/products/product_e.php?prodID=68&category=4

9. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Ric's right.........If you're talkin' Roundup Pro, Clean Cut, or Prosecutor: 4 - six ounces per gallon in a spot sprayer -- 5 quarts per acre when tank mixed. But even then, you have to know what weeds you're going after cuz the rate changes. Read the label for sure -- then mix it slightly stronger and add in spreader/sticker. We like UAP's LI-700 -- it's a spreader/sticker/acidifyer/penetrant. It has a really bad stench, but boy does it work! p.s. We also mix in ester broadleaf herbicide (Chaser) which shows results within 48 hours.

10. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

EdT

I don't believe you are understanding what I am asking For. Let me give you an example from Roundup Concentrate and Roundup Ready spray.

Roundup concentrate is Glyphosate.........41%

Roundup Ready to spray is Glyphosate.......1.5%

Now without explaining the math 1.5% Roundup ready spray is equal to adding 2 oz of 41% to a gallon of water. By knowing the Percentages of each product I can tell you the mix rate and the Number of gallons you will get from a bottle of concentrate. In the case of Roundup you can get 64 gallons of 1.5% weed killer from each gallon of 41% Roundup.