1. CrewCutEnterprises

CrewCutEnterprises LawnSite Senior Member

Any One ever use GLY 4?

Ive just purchased some as i was told it was like round up but cheaper. It is the active ingrediant in roundup, but Any pros or cons to it?

Thanks

2. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

I have used the Round up (clone) type products with good results. if its 41% gly its basically the same thing.

3. CrewCutEnterprises

thanks alot

4. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

As far as I know, glyphosate is glyphosate, if it wasn't it would say something different on the label. Since Monsanto's patent on it ran out some years back ther popped up a bunch of clones, most were the 41% ai. Since then Monsanto just upped the ai. in the bottle and re-patented it with the added surfactent in the bottle.

lol, take your pick on brands: http://agguide.agronomy.psu.edu/pm/sec4/table2-4-1a.cfm

5. olive123

olive123 LawnSite Senior Member

we just switched from roundup pro to gly star plus. 160 a cast to 60 a case.(yea it does say 60). Got it from helena. Takes a little longer. Its all in the surfactants. Roundup pro is definately the king but for 60 a case...add some soap for sticker and your gold. There is a lot of different companies making imitation ru now.41 percent glyphosate is the basics and be creative with the stickers.

6. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

Down here the popular "generic" is GlyStar. Works just as good if not better.:)

7. CrewCutEnterprises

I paid $65.00 for 2.5 gallons. not too bad

8. upidstay

upidstay LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

There are dozens of Round Up clones out there. The big differences are the % of Glyphosate and the other stuff they add, like surfactants and other additives to help it break through any leaf coatings the plant may naturally produce. Beware the low priced ones though. Make sure it's got a good % of AI. 41% is pretty standard strenght, but I have seen some that were in the teens and low 20%'s that were marketed as being cheaper than RU. Yeah, it's 1/3 less, but you need 2x as much!!

9. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

Killzall...cornerstone...all work the same to me... all 41% gly. I do add a shot of top surf surfectant and it seems to help alot... 55 bucks or so give or take for 2.5gallon bottles. 160 plus for same round up.

10. gqnine44

gqnine44 LawnSite Senior Member

Where do you guys buy this cheap stuff?