Glyphosate rate for Jasmine

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by unkownfl, May 12, 2011.

1. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Use Ammonium sulfate as an adjuvant with your glyphosate or 2,4-D, you will burn down that jasmine within a week.

2. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

South

1/5 pound per gallon of Ammonium sulfate as an adjutant is an acidified and lower the pH of the glyphosate which is already an acid. For that reason Glyphosate works better and the Nitrogen help with foliar uptake. The lower the pH the faster Glyphosate works. But it is the 2,4-D that gives the quick burn down and we see response on herbaceous weeds in 3 to days.

Glyphosate Stump Cut Method can Kill mighty oak trees if applied correctly. I have actually used the Stump cut method on Brazilian Pepper trees and gotten a total kill. However Garlon 4 is better.

In Edit

Tallrick

I have used water softener salt (Potassium Chloride)for total kill outs where run off would carry an chemicals into the Gulf. I feel it is a lot safer and worth the slower resonse time and need to be watered in.

Last edited: May 14, 2011
  3. tallrick

tallrick LawnSite Senior Member

I have not thought of using potassium chloride but that's an excellent idea! Actually I was not aware that water softener salt was KCl and not NaCl. Great ideas based on real world experience.

4. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Tallrick

I had a lady blame me because nothing would grow around her water sofener tank. I tried to explain to her that the salt in her water sofener tank was leaking out and poisoning the ground. Her husband who was a chemist finally came to my rescue and she finally believed him but never drank the water again because it was KCl the same as Mortons sells as Light Salt.

5. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

My neighbor at my shop owns a water softener company and has pallets upon pallets of salt. They always throw salt on the weeds and it burns out in a day.

6. Moved to Texas

Moved to Texas LawnSite Member

At what rate? over the top of the bed or just spot treating the weed foliage? Thanks

7. unkownfl

unkownfl LawnSite Gold Member

I sprayed the entire jasmine and it didnt do a thing quikpro at 1.5 oz per gallon. I bought some three way lesco that took care of it.

8. bug-guy

bug-guy LawnSite Senior Member