Glysophate on sale TCS

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Georgia Lawn Works LLC, May 3, 2011.

1. Georgia Lawn Works LLC

Georgia Lawn Works LLC LawnSite Senior Member

For all of you guys that don't buy bulk.....

Tractor Supply is having a sale from May 4th to May 8th on their Gordons Pronto 41% Glysophate. It's 29.99 for a 2.5 gallon jug. Where i'm at the cheapest we could get it from our suppliers was right at 55.00 for the same 41% mix so I figured i'd mention it....

Using at a medium rate makes it come out to right at 30 cents a gallon sprayable.

http://www.tractorsupply.com/pronto-big-n-tuf-trade-weed-grass-killer-2-1-2-gal--4201103

2. FLAhaulboy

FLAhaulboy LawnSite Senior Member

The link states "49.99" ea but that is still a great deal anyway.

3. Georgia Lawn Works LLC

It will be on sale from may 4th to may 8th.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. one of the farm supply stores was having a grand opening of another one of there stores here and was able to buy some for $8.99 a gallon, was lucky and got some.

5. Georgia Lawn Works LLC

Wow. That's cheap.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. My lesco had it for 39.99 for 2.5 last summer and I snagged 4 of them. That is an even better price though. I would def grab a few at that price.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

8. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Thanks for the heads-up. I remember just 3 years ago paying well over $120, two years ago, $85 (so I bought 2). Now I guess I better stock up. What is the shelf life, anyone know?

9. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I don't know but I'm using some Grass weed killer (kills weeds not grass) by Ortho that's dated 2006
    and the stuff appears to still work just dandy.

Personally, I think in its concentrated form, so long it is stored indoors someplace
    even an outdoor shed but out of the sun and the worst of the weather,
    the stuff would probably hold 10-20 years but don't quote me on that.
    I keep mine underneath my house and I would think 4-5 years no problem.

So...
    I can pretty safely say two years for sure, probably up to at least 5 and maybe a whole lot longer.
    But it does hold for some time, worst case scenario with Gly it just stops working.

Once it's mixed that's another story as well.

Yeah I've paid $100 a gallon for 50% before and I thought that was a fair deal lol

Last edited: May 4, 2011
  10. G. Ramey

G. Ramey LawnSite Senior Member

I went to tractor supply first thing this morning and bought two. They were marked $49.99 but rang up $29.99.