GM 6.0 Gasser

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Xpertise Lawn & Landscape, Apr 1, 2009.

1. Xpertise Lawn & Landscape

Xpertise Lawn & Landscape LawnSite Member

What kind of mileage can expect to get. its a 2005 silverado 2500 4x4 ext cab 8 foot bed.
  2. Looking Good Lawn Service

Looking Good Lawn Service LawnSite Senior Member

you can expect anywhere from 7.5 -10mpg with an enclosed trailer 16-20ft, half highway, half in town, at least that's what I diesels are much better on fuel, esp now that fuel has came down. good luck
  3. Xpertise Lawn & Landscape

yea ive been hearing that quite often that the diesels are making a come back. Thanks though. Anyone else's input would be greatly appreciated.
  4. sslopok

sslopok LawnSite Member

I had a 2003 Awd Silverado SS with the high output 6.0 that had 345 hp. It got an average of 15.9 city/highway. Pulling my baja it would only get around 11/12 mpg.
  5. Xpertise Lawn & Landscape

Better than i expected!
  6. justanotherlawnguy

justanotherlawnguy LawnSite Bronze Member

I get 7.5 pulling 16 foot enclosed and 14 foot dump all week. During the off season when I don't pull anything the best mpg I have got was 13 mpg.
  7. beano

beano LawnSite Senior Member

I just bought a 2001 ext. cab 4x4 about a month ago. I havent pulled my trailer yet but ive been watching my mileage very closely. Been keeping my foot out of it and have been getting between 10.5 to 11.4
  8. btammo

btammo LawnSite Member

yeah 15.9 per gallon is a stretch for a 6.0 4x4. I get 12 if i am lucky and about 7 when plowing. To be honest though, i just fill it up and dotn think much about it anymore.
  9. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

I've got an '02 2500HD regular cab, 8' bed, I was paying real close attention to the mileage last year, I believe the best I got was 13 mpg. I use the truck mostly for getting around, occasionally picking up materials or machines, all local driving. Just turned 105K miles, truck still runs great btw.
  10. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

i got 10-11 towing a 16' enclosed with mine. about 12-13 city, and best ive seen is 16 highway. good power in that motor too. i have it tuned. plus got it where its breathing, and farting easier now too