Gm Is Buying Dodge?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Canon Landscaping, Feb 21, 2007.

1. Canon Landscaping

Canon Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I read this in the local newspaper gm is trying to purchase chrysler and all of it's brands anyone else hear this or have any info on this?

2. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

Gm and Diamler Benz are in talks. Thats all we know.

3. mojob

mojob LawnSite Senior Member

I just hope they don't mess with the dodge truck design. GM trucks are getting fuglier every year and I've always been a GM fan.

4. bigmudder77

bigmudder77 LawnSite Senior Member

if gm does buy dodge then i will have to start buying ford i hate gm every one i have owned broke down so much i put more money in to it than it was worth. and there hard to fix if you never fixed one before.

when i got my dodge every one said the transmission was gonna blow up on me well (dont take care of it and it will) its still the same one and it drives and still shifts fine and the best part was i had it for 2 years and all i replaced was the wheel hubs, brake lines, axle bearing, and 2 sets of tires (drive it like you stole it) tires go fast 114,000 and still going

This chevy i bought i tried to drive it a little hard and shot a piston out the block and locked the transmission in 4th and it only had 76,000 on it had to sell it with the blown motor and a locked up transmission. after that i only bought one more chevy and it took so much to get it going and it was only a 1992 but it keep staling out all the time like it didnt get enough gas then it would get to much some thing in the computer was messed up so i parted it out to at least get a little more than i paid for it

5. lawn guy1350

lawn guy1350 LawnSite Member

havent heard that one, but i hope its not true!

6. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

GM better not ruin Dodge truck's good looks and quality.

7. lawn guy1350

lawn guy1350 LawnSite Member

yeh their quality already isnt that good...lol! but they do have good looks.

8. DodgeRam1985

DodgeRam1985 LawnSite Member

I've heard this too, but I doubt the credibilty of it now. Chrysler is posting some good numbers now, and there are rumors of greater and better things to come.

9. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

I seen somewhere a autoparts supplier from Canada is looking into buying Chrysler from the Germans.

I doubt the gov't is going to bail Chrysler out again if they didn't do it the first time there would only be Ford Chev and GMC in the North American made trucks.

10. Harrington Landscape

Harrington Landscape LawnSite Senior Member
    from Erie Pa

I hope not look at the cummins 0 recalls Gm had like 10-20 on the motor and Ford had over 60 dont mess with the dodge and that is from my shop guy who works on fords and and the big rigs .