GM or Ford

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by knox gsl, Mar 18, 2013.

1. kawakx125

kawakx125 LawnSite Bronze Member

when did ford get a 6.2?

2. Dually00-00

Dually00-00 LawnSite Member

I was referring to GM' 6.2 gasser but as Merek said Fords 6.2 was new for 2011 .

3. herler

herler LawnSite Fanatic

Ain't no question for me but then I guess some guys are too young to have been through the Great Recession, or some don't remember what happened.

I don't have to ask, even now times are hard, last winter's thermostat setting in my house was 54 degrees.
    But you can ask me when I'm wearing my long johns watching TV under a comforter, Ford or GM...
    And I will tell you, GM took the bailout money.
    Ford did not, they worked themselves out of their own deep financial hole.

It's just not even a question.
    I will always drive a Ford.

4. Chris_NC06

Chris_NC06 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Sanford, NC

You're right GM took bailout money and Ford did not, BUT Ford has taken their fair share of Gov't $$$, AND actively campaigned for the bailout of GM & Chrysler.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

I will be buying used so that matters less to me now. Most likely older than 2011 so it will be 5.4 ford or 6.0 GM. My goal is to find a fleet truck around 60K miles and under $8K. I don't need 4x4 but if it has it then that's a plus.

6. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

If you're going older I'd go gm. The 6.0 is a night and day difference in power and torque. We have a '99 f250 5.4 and an '00 gmc 2500 6.0 and it really is night and day towing a 20ft enclosed trailer between 5-7,000 lbs.

7. ecurbthims

ecurbthims LawnSite Senior Member

gm also re-paid the bail out money and has kept thousands of good jobs in north america .

8. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

The Ford 5.4 is a decent engine. For what you're wanting to do I'd run it. The V10 is a super engine, albeit it loves to burn gas.

The Ford 6.2 is another really great engine

9. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Not to bash ford, but you can find countless threds of problems in here. 4000$ for head gaskets because the cab has to be removed to service the engine. Spark plugs break when changing them.

Im sticking to my old 350 chevys.

10. kawakx125

kawakx125 LawnSite Bronze Member

nothing is as simple, cheap, or reliable as a carbureted 350 chevy!