1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Gmc 5500

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by 4 seasons lawn&land, Mar 24, 2012.

1. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

Ive ignored these trucks for a while because after they went out, everyone must have thought they had a super rare collectible. Now the prices seem to be backing off and Im noticing them again. Now that they have been out of production for a while Im wondering about parts. I saw one sitting at a local shop for about 2 weeks.

I really want a 1 ton and an International single axle. But If I can get a good deal on one of these and trade it in for the two trucks in a couple of years, that might be a better option at this point.
  2. lawnpropm

lawnpropm LawnSite Senior Member

Not sure about other parts but from what I know a buddy of mine has a 5500 and I have a 2500. Same engine, not sure about the tranny tho. Engine wise you should be good on parts.
  3. G. Ramey

G. Ramey LawnSite Senior Member

I drive a 4500 three days a week. I would not hesitate for a second to buy one. Parts are readily available. Other than the body parts most all of the other parts are the same as the pickup trucks.