GMC or Chevy?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by RedWingsDet, Oct 9, 2006.

1. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

Which one. both are same prices. 2006 2500HD SL Reg Cab, Plow Prep, and a 8ft plow for 23k.

They are the same exact trucks right execpt body styling? Nothing else is different is it?

2. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

same truck, same everything, the only difference is the front grille, and some body styling.
    engine, suspension, transmission, frame, all the same.

3. Jamesgateslandscaping

Jamesgateslandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

GMC's option packages are different. Check into and make sure the options/stickers are exact...I like the look of GMC's better:rolleyes:
    James

4. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

The main difference is you can equip them differently when you get up to leather and all. I like the look of GMC's better.

5. POPO4995

POPO4995 LawnSite Bronze Member

Same truck except grille and emblems. I like Chevy over GMC, JMO!:waving:

6. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

The only differences are as previously posted,the options packages and styling. GM tries to position GMC as a more high end consumer. GM has tried in recent years to couple GMC dealerships, with a Cadillac dealership.

7. cet

cet LawnSite Member
    from Toronto

I like the GMC over the Chev. The hood is a lot lower at the front, less room for stone chips and the grill looks much better.

8. FearThisDeere

FearThisDeere LawnSite Bronze Member

Just close you eyes and pick one. They are basically the same tho I like Chevy better!:rolleyes: :dizzy:

9. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

i always looked at the gmc as nicer then the chevy and the chevy used more as a work truck jmo

10. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

Go with the Chevy. Will it be like your red one you had? Better make up your mind fast snow is on the way. :clapping:

JP