Gmc resto

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by ALC LANDSCAPING, Jan 19, 2013.

1. ALC LANDSCAPING

ALC LANDSCAPING LawnSite Member

Hello all, This is my first time posting on Lawn site but I have been reading and learning from this site for several years. I run a small operation in upstate NY doing mostly hardscapes for the last 15 years. Im looking to get back into the maintenance work again (sold out the maintenance side in 2000) so I picked up this truck for mulch, brush,top soil exc.
    I will start with the floors and driver side rocker then move on to the doors and nose. If any one knows of a source for parts for a truck this old please chime in. Thanks Adam.
    [​IMG]
    I will get some more pics up as I get into it.

2. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

What year is it? 366 gasser? We had a 1974 and a1980. Great trucks. Drove it right into the scrap yard once the cancer got it
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. ALC LANDSCAPING

Its a 1983 8.2 detroit with a 5 speed auto. The body is a heated Rugbe.

4. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

What truck did you use for hardscapes
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

Most of the cab parts will interchange with full size trucks of the same year.

6. tnmtn

tnmtn LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE Tn.

nice truck, for arts you might look into buying a cab and chassis parts truck. you may come out cheaper in the long run.

7. ALC LANDSCAPING

I have a f450 flatbed and a 01 f250 that I tow a few trailers. For the most part I find it most economical to have materials delivered. The main reason for my trucks is to move equipment and cleanup jobs as we go.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. ALC LANDSCAPING

Every truck I come across is just as rusted or worse. Here in NY its almost impossible to find rust free parts.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

maybe jc whitney or similar.

10. ALC LANDSCAPING

Jc Whitney does have many parts for this style truck and so does lmc truck parts. The parts Im having trouble locating are the fender extension skirts. They are like the wheel house in front of the fire wall. I didn't check with GM yet but my guess is that stuff is long gone.
    Posted via Mobile Device