GMC W3500 cabover

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by caseysmowing, May 24, 2013.

1. caseysmowing

caseysmowing LawnSite Bronze Member

Yea I think you are right. I got a good trans guy right down the road that has done work on my 1969 Chevy truck. He does commercial trucks too and has been in biz forever. This is why I try to stay away from diesels and what not. I don't know how to fix or diagnose them. Thanks for the help. Do you know Don personally?

2. 123hotdog

123hotdog LawnSite Senior Member

Don't know Don personally. I think his last name is Sibole. I'm pretty sure he owns Team Tire. They did allot of work for me in the mid nineties. I lived close to there then. If you can just find someone up there that has worked on those allot, it will make life so so much easier. Mine is ten years older than yours and is basically bullet proof after I got the bugs worked out. Mine has 215,000 miles on it and is getting 15.5 mpg.

3. caseysmowing

caseysmowing LawnSite Bronze Member

Took it to a trans shop thinking it needed a trans. They said trans is fine so I took it to my mechanic. Turned out to be a lose ground on the block and the timing was way off. $132 is a lot better than $1800! Feel stupidest I didn't take it sooner. Oh well. Thanks for the help everyone.
    Posted via Mobile Device