1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Gmoser's Lawncare work and equipment thread!

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Gmoser's Lawncare, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Gmoser's Lawncare

Gmoser's Lawncare LawnSite Member

Hey guys! My names Jake Gmoser owner of Gmoser's Lawncare & Snow Removal. I am 21 years old and I live in Traverse City, MI. I started my business last spring, I only had a total of 6 mowing accounts last year (all residentials). This year I am currently mowing about 45 properties and 2 being condominium areas. I have put everything I have into this business and all profits to date have pretty much been reinvested in the business, last year I had 1 48 walk behind and a older chevy, currently I know have a 721D (52 inch/diesel) front mount grasshopper which I love lol and a 52 hydro walk behind (a scag and ferris, though the scag is hardly used at this time). I hope to continue this thread for a long time to come, I enjoy reading everyones post and looking at there pics. I really have learned a lot from this site and I hope to be a regular from now on! Comments are welcome! Take it easy tho, this is only my second season in the biz and I am learning more and more every day!

Excuse any spelling errors, I am in a huge hurry and I just figured out how to upload pics.

2. Gmoser's Lawncare

A couple more work pics, I will continue to add in my spare time!

3. ClassicLawnCareInc

ClassicLawnCareInc LawnSite Senior Member

I like that you went with the diesel. That is the way to go, it uses less fuel than the same mower with a gas engine.
  4. Gmoser's Lawncare

Yea it's great, I looked at a 721 kubota gas and a 725 gasser, but I felt like the diesel was the way to go, I think all future purchases aside from walk behinds will be diesel powered. I can go about 6 hours on one tank with the grasshopper and only about 3-4 hours on the ferris which has the 17 horse kaw on it. Thanks for the reply!
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. LawnMan19

LawnMan19 LawnSite Gold Member

Looks real good man...Keep up the good work.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. Pro-Lawn&Grounds

Pro-Lawn&Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

haha the first picture for a quick second I thought the scag was some sort of mower with a roll cage on it.

APLUS LAWN CARE LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from North Missouri

Everything looks good! I like those stripes.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  8. noahb195

noahb195 LawnSite Senior Member

Nice stuff. The stripes really pop.
  9. Nicktw25

Nicktw25 LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Those stripes in my opinion have to be in the top 5 best ive ever seen!!! If you don't mind answering, how did you go from 6 accounts to 45 the next?
  10. calvinslawnservices

calvinslawnservices LawnSite Senior Member

I thought that to or there was a cage on the trailer...

I was up at lake leelanau last week, beautiful area around traverse city.