1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

GNC Space saver

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by JFGLN, Feb 4, 2013.

1. JFGLN

JFGLN LawnSite Senior Member

I'm looking at a used GNC Space Saver sprayer this evening. I haven't used a sprayer before so any advice on what to look for would be appreciated.

Honda engine
    200 gallon tank
    300' 3/8 hose
    New GNC 530 pump

Needs a new spray gun and the short hoses that connect the pump to the tank.

2. TurfWerks

TurfWerks LawnSite Senior Member

I would want to see it run and pump.. Hoses are cheap compared to a pump and or motor.

3. JFGLN

It's currently disassembled so I won't be able to see it in action. The pump is new and hasn't been used yet.

4. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

First look at pump Oil color milky color bad pump
    Next check run machine for pressure if it holds pressure with out leaks. and check agitation in side tank just close the presure valve it will agitate.check hose reel if it has electric reel you can check it with a battery buster pack:waving:

5. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

In that case is worth $900 if pump is new:laugh:

6. JFGLN

Thanks for the feedback. He is asking $999. I was thinking the parts were worth that.

7. Cadzilla

Cadzilla LawnSite Senior Member

For that price I'd buy it sight unseen if it has a brand new pump. GNC makes good stuff.

8. TurfWerks

TurfWerks LawnSite Senior Member

Why is it tore down? did he replace the pump and not finish hooking it up?

9. JFGLN

Yes, New pump, but some parts are missing. Hoses, belts, lid to tank. Young guy owned it. Said he was is subbing out application now.