1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Go ahead and hire the scrub (hillarious)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Barkleymut, May 19, 2002.

1. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

In the Richmond Times Dispatch (the largest paper in Virginia) one of the top stories was about a ghetto banger that was shot by the cops. Of course his family stuck up for him saying that the cops shouldn't have shot him. He had no weapon on him but apparently made a sudden movement while all 10 of the cops on hand were shouting get your hands up. He was a convicted felon and was wanted for 4 recent armed robberies. What does this have to do with lawn care you ask? Well his father stated that he owned his own lawn care business and had been working recently. Now if any of the local news carriers would post this story to their website I would love to post it so the next time one of your customers says "I can get Cletus to do it cheaper" you could pull this article out and say do your really want this child molester/bank robber/murderer/rapist/crackhead to do your lawn. And as they stand there in awe just yell "well do you????" Then charge them 2x the going rate because you look like a clean cut fellow. I just wonder if "Cletus" was paying his taxes. If not then I think they should make his parents pay them. And if he didn't keep records then they should assume that he made about $1 million. Call me calous (sp?) but if I pay them everyone else should too. Including the deceased. This may make your potential customers from hiring the thug on the corner.
  2. Jason Pallas

Jason Pallas LawnSite Bronze Member

True Dat y'all. The bro be fittin' to get his rant on - for real. THat's the same I hollor at 'em when they peeps don't wanna get up off 'dem benjies to get they **** did up straight.

And......For all you that aren't well versed in the lingo of the street:

Yes, I agree, scrubs suck.
  3. Barkleymut

4. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

well, 10 cops taking target practice on an unarmed man? o, of course they all said he "was reaching for something", and thats why it was neccesary to shoot him 40 times in the back. yea, ok. about the taxes, i guess the only thing they can do is take his equipment, bank account, whatever.
  5. Barkleymut

It says they only shot him once in the chest. And by the way he was a convicted felon and charged with recently robbing 4 stores. There WAS a reason to be a little suspicious.

ADLAWNCUTTERS LawnSite Member

oh weel poop happens,one thing is for sure the he can't rob anyone anymore
  7. Mowin4cash

Mowin4cash LawnSite Member

Barkleymut, maybe we should scramble and try to take all his many old accounts. You take all the ones north of "da crib", I'll take all the ones south of "da crib".

8. Barkleymut

I wonder how hard it is to mow with one hand while keeping the other on my pistol? Trimming would be even harder. Oh well I guess we will just have to let someone else take all of those high dollar accounts. I wonder if his family wants to sell off his equipment. How much should I pay for a Huffy 10 speed, 1976 Craftsman 20 inch mower (with bag), Weedeater brand electric trimmer, and a push broom.
  9. Mowin4cash

Mowin4cash LawnSite Member

Push broom? You mean we have to clean up the sidewalks? I thought that was the City's job man!!!!!!

10. Big G

Big G LawnSite Member

Great Story!

Where else can you learn stuff AND get entertained!

I like the part where you yell at the potential customer, then charge twice as much. Since my prices are apparently too high for some folks anyway, maybe since I'm 6'7", I could yell at them & they would sign the contract. Yea, that's the ticket!

Big G;)