Go figure

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tiedeman, May 21, 2004.

1. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

Ok, so my head (not the trimmer head, but the head with the gears in it that connects to the shaft) on my FS80 went this week. Went to go get it replaced and it would have cost $113.00. But instead, I bought an adaptor kit with a brush cutter in it and just took the new head off from it and it only cost $77.56. Go figure! I also got a brush cutter in the deal :confused:

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

well, I put the new head on tonight and I decided to leave off the trimmer guard just to see what it would be like. WOW!!! is all I have to say. I never promoted taking off the trimmer guard before, but just using it a little bit I can see why some many people take it off. It's faster, smoother, and nothing gets in the way.

3. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

I love not having my guard on. It is lighter and you can zip through steep ditches with no problem, just swayin back n forth

4. chuckwk

chuckwk Founder
    from KC, MO

Guard was one of the first things to go.

5. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Guard is the first thing to go for me, next is that useless "spark arrestor".

6. GreenMachine102

GreenMachine102 LawnSite Member

Yeah, them spark arrestors are just to cover their as*to prevent brush fires, mine got clogged up with oil, so I threw it away, and when I got a new fs85 a few months ago, it was the first thing to go, after that guard!