1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Go Green

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by traviswalker007, Apr 23, 2008.

1. traviswalker007

traviswalker007 LawnSite Member

With the riseing cost of fuel prices, I was wondering what Hustler is doing to help the commercial contractor to off set these prices and better yet, help reduce emmisions for a greener enviorment. I have yet to see any manufacture take the first step in any type of e85, eletric, or hibred development. I think Hustler should really consider this option as stihl has already sewn the market up on emmesion control for handheld power equipment. If fuel continues to rise, more and more landscapers are going to call it quits. EFI engines are great, but considering the fuel savings of EFI vs Gas might be about 2 cups of fuel overall..... someone needs to take the first step here...
  2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

I believe in the next couple of years you will see more and more options in hybrid, electric and alternate fuel options.
    We are aware of the need, as with every mfg out there and engine mfg's.
    You would be surprised at what mfg's will have sooner than later.

3. blackandgold

blackandgold LawnSite Senior Member

I know Hustler has been looking at alternative fuel options for years. Just hang in there.

MOHUSTLER LawnSite Bronze Member

Yea, I hear that propane thing was a hit :rolleyes: Just kidding