Go our Don't Go?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jim Feder, Nov 21, 2003.

1. Jim Feder

Jim Feder LawnSite Member

OK here it is we stop mowing 10/31/03 do clean ups for two weeks and then done. the 3rd week my bro and i go see the chiefs and raiders play every year we go on a small vac. Thing do not work the way you want them to. All week calls can you come back and clean up leafs can you do the gutters again. so on so on Well its Friday night and we are going to get 3-5" of snow on sat and sun. game is sun at 4:00 and about 4 hrs away. Do we go see game our sit at home and see if we get that @#$%*** snow. work your *** off for 35 weeks all i want is a weekend to myself and see my Raiders play. We have alot of snow cust and cant let them down. what do you guys think?:(

2. Nw. Shadesofgreen

Nw. Shadesofgreen LawnSite Member

Togh decesion. I have had the same tugging at my haert strings to. Being a business owner is sometimes not easy. We work alot harder then the average guy that works for a weekly paycheck. There are times though when we need to get away and just unwind. I'm sure what every desion you make, it will be the right one.
    Good luck. P.S. The snow will still be there when you get back from the game. Maybe you can have a crew member get started on the work while you are at the game. I'm not sure how snow operations work. We do not get much snow in Wa every year.

3. tx_angler

tx_angler LawnSite Senior Member

This is a no-brainer and I'm in Texas, DUH?

Get that satellite hooked up, set the VCR, turn off the radio (so you can't hear the game) and go make money!

Neither the Chiefs or the Raiders will know or care that you wern't there!

4. Rustic Goat

Rustic Goat LawnSite Bronze Member

You mentioned working 35 weeks, there's 52 in a year, meaning there will be other oppotunities for R&R.
    It's a personal choice, just how much work time would be lost going to the game?
    BUT
    If your snow customers are depending on you for the same time that would be taken by your trip, that should answer the question.

5. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Seen the Browns beat the Raiders this year. go to work you won't miss anything LMAO

6. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Take a different vacation with some early season snow revenue!! We take our relaxation seriously at Impact(when we get it), but we take the interests of our clients even more seriously.Whatever you decide to do will be your best decision at heart.:D

7. Turf Technologies

Turf Technologies LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

Raiders season is over.

8. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I say go make the money.

9. bilbo7021

bilbo7021 LawnSite Member

simple math............the time with one brother can NOT be replaced by all the customers and all the money in the world. the customers will come and go. the money will come and go. if the brother were to die (sorry) say, the next day............

family time CAN NOT be replaced

10. C & S

C & S LawnSite Member

Make hay while the sun shines