1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Go Sucktech!

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Jaynen, Sep 27, 2008.

1. Jaynen

Jaynen LawnSite Member

This is my first year mowing lawns and all I have been doing is reading these forums like crazy. The previous years I have been doing the lawn care aspect with seeding, fertilizing, and aeration, but customers want me to mow their lawns now too. I've learned quite a bit but still dont feel fully educated. I know its a Sutech but got it for $400 bucks which was all I could afford and made a striper for it. I know I will get blasted for this but next upgrade is disc brakes!

Roller Down.JPG

Handle.JPG

Roller Up.JPG

Stripes.jpg

2. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

The stripes look nice

3. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Nice stripes!

4. CkLandscapingOrlando

CkLandscapingOrlando LawnSite Senior Member

Good deal...

5. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

Nice stripes

6. f150 with bobcat

f150 with bobcat LawnSite Member

looks good

7. bock

bock LawnSite Member

Nothing wrong with that! Looks like it does a good job.

8. Tim03

Tim03 LawnSite Member

Nice stripes and that lawn looks great! From you post I assume this lawn is one that you care for besides mowing. How long have you had it and what do you do to get it looking so nice? Is the property owner good about proper watering?

9. Jaynen

Jaynen LawnSite Member

Second year for lawn care. All I do is aerate seed and fertilize because of the pesticide ban. The customer does all the weed pulling by hand but there wasnt many to be pulled. The watering was not an issue this year because we got tons of rain. Customer was lucky because I kept telling them how to water and they wouldnt do it because they didnt believe that it had that much of an impact. I dont know how many times i've said if you plant a seed and want it to grow you gotta water it. This year was great because almost all my customers finally see what water can do! The only thing I've had problems with this year was black medic which aeration and seeding helped out. This non pesticide way is not easy but it seems like it can work.

10. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

i almost bought a sutech for 500 this spring but the dealer was a a** hole so i forgot about it