goals or dreams in 5 years

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tiedeman, Jul 21, 2003.

1. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I want to know where you want to be at in 5 years? Retired, sleeping & drinking all day while your crew is our mowing, in the office or still out there working in the field?
  2. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

my goal: to be alive, lord willing. to have two crews running full time, 150-200 fert accts, 120 lawns, and work "in the field" 3 days a week, and fish on my boat with wife and kids the other two
  3. Let it Grow

Let it Grow LawnSite Senior Member

Wow...you guys have short weeks over there in NJ! :D
  4. bobbygedd

from NJ

im sayin personally work 3 days, fish two. i dont fish on weekends, thats when the "ham and eggers" are out. ill spend weekends with my kids in the pool.
  5. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

lets see... i'll make this a short list....

make enough money to cover my expenses of:
    a shop (big, gotta hold all my toys)
    a truck (f350 diesel)
    enclosed trailer (doubles as snowmobile trailer)
    arsenal of mowers (couple ztr's and WBs)
    2-3 guys working for me.

Then i'd like to look into doing excavation work for contractors.
  6. A1 Grass

A1 Grass LawnSite Senior Member

To live in a VAN down by the RIVER!
  7. Matt'slawncare

Matt'slawncare LawnSite Member

I plan on opening up a lawn and landscaping shop. With about 200+ weekly accounts. I want to be the biggest in my area and everyone to know who i am.
  8. bobbygedd

from NJ

atta boy A1, reach for the stars
  9. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

close up the landscape biz and open up a power equipment dealership.commercial equipment only.i want to sell mowers along with plows,spreaders, hydro seeders, TLBs large and small ,skid steers and trailers.i know sounds nuts but i hope by the time im 40 that ill have this all setup.i just can't see myself at the age of 60 mowing lawns and what not.
  10. T.E.

T.E. LawnSite Senior Member

I haven't planned that far out yet. My plans for 2004 & 2005 are to have only top quality mow jobs no mow, & blow jobs, and to have my chemical apps up and running. As far as running a big biz. not really interested would rather get my profit up where I can live a comfortable life and do a little travel in the winter and fur trap. If I need help I'll use my son in law or my brother in law. :)