Goggles / Face shields

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by alpine692003, May 10, 2004.

1. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

What do you guys wear?

I was considering going out and buying a couple of face shields from stihl at my local dealer!

Any thoughts / concerns on these?

I think the face shield should do well in protecting you with the grass trimmers? Each time I wear the goggles, the grass trimmers still hit me and the dog poop as well!
  2. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

I wear polarized eyewear for trimming and edging..I have no need for the full face shield though. Why is dog poo hitting you in the face when you trim????
  3. alpine692003

no, I've heard stories about people getting hit in the face with dog poop with the grass trimmer!

I want to get a face shield with (ear muffs) and (mesh shield in the front) so it doesn't get too hot and I can breathe!
  4. grasssin

grasssin LawnSite Senior Member

I am thinking about getting a shield too. Sick of tackling over grown properties with only my eyes protected. Realized this as the millionth rock bounced off my face.
  5. brian mon

brian mon LawnSite Member

Or When You've taken the hundredth puncture vine or sand burr thorn out of your cheek!!!
  6. husqvarna600c

husqvarna600c LawnSite Member

Husqvarna makes a full face shield in either mesh or solid with hearing protection.
  7. alpine692003

lol, i'm giong to take a look at the shindaiwa protection!
  8. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

The full face shield and with the earring protection built in is nice but hot. The reason for it being hot is due to it all being attached to a hard hat. True some hardhats are cooler (temp not looks) but it is still not going to let the heat out as well as not wearing a hard hat.

9. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

alpine692003: if you're going to be mowing residentials, you're gonna look like an idiot with a shield. I just wear some sunglasses, look straight at the spool when you trim and nothing will get into your eyes. ABove all, just be smart and careful when you trim and you will be fine.
  10. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

You will also look like an idiot with rocks hanging out your face, safety is worth more than what you look like.