Going 4 cycle for handhelds

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Greyst1, Apr 2, 2013.

1. ryan41

ryan41 LawnSite Senior Member

2 cycle all the way!
  2. LandscaperPro

LandscaperPro Sponsor

Arena Landscaping, obviously your dad didn't own a CORE product. Try not to compare CORE to black and decker, stihl, ryobi, or ANY other "electric" trimmer. It's like comparing apples to oranges. None of the other brands make an electric trimmer designed for Commercial use. CORE does.
    CORE has a don't ask warranty. Basically, if it doesn't work for ANY reason, drop it, submerge it, even put 12 gauge slug through it, they'll take it back. Ok, I might question the slug hole. Either way. That's peace of mind.
    Try running your gas engine trimmer or blower without oil. Because that could easily accidentally happen. It won't last long. Definitely not as long as an electric motor.
  3. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Do the 4 cycle engines have a crankcase that you have to change the motor oil in???
  4. Arena landscaping

Arena landscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from wayne

No its not a core it is a stihl and even cores they still only have 70 minutes of run time. all i'm saying is that just don't think it is worth the money or hassle.
  5. Exmarkboy13

Exmarkboy13 LawnSite Senior Member

I agree. Anyone try to clear ROW with an electric trimmer??:laugh::laugh::laugh::walking:
  6. Greyst1

Greyst1 LawnSite Senior Member

Yes it does
  7. Greyst1

Greyst1 LawnSite Senior Member

No its not a big deal at all, but it will be nice not to have to mix. Plus, i believe 4 cycle engines on trimmers and blowers will by far outlast 2 cycle engines.

People make it out that they have to check it every day. More like once every 20 hours or so. I'll be posting a review mid season so my view might change either way.
  8. WesPhifer

WesPhifer LawnSite Member

Does anybody on here use the Core trimmers?
  9. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

Have you looked up any of the existing threads that discuss cordless trimmers?

I'm thinking this thread wasn't meant to be a discussion for core trimmers, but was hijacked by someone trying to sell them.
  10. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

A 25 cc GX 25 will graft onto where the multitool engine was. I am planning on doing that when my Maruyama MC engine dies. Already grafted a GX 25 onto an MS 074 power sprayer and a GX 35 onto a Solo 433. Less noise and more power. Once the MC engine is changed, no need for 2 cycle oil