Going all out..

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by cessnasovereign, Apr 10, 2006.

1. cessnasovereign

cessnasovereign LawnSite Senior Member

Alright, I'm ready to really start trying to get customers. Here's my strategy:
    1. A friend who manages a heating and air company is gonna pass out my card to every one of his customers.
    2. A friend who works at a gas station is gonna pass out my card to every one of his customers.
    3. I have two kids to pass out about 1,000 fliers in various neighborhoods.
    4. Word of mouth. I have a big family and we have alot of friends. So far just by telling one person, I have gotten 4 different clients in about a week.

Any other suggestions on how to get customers?

2. qualitylawnmanagement

qualitylawnmanagement LawnSite Bronze Member

My best way that I have gotten jobs would be to do a good job on those four accounts you have so far and then put your company sign in there yard. And also offer your current accounts to get you more jobs and give them like 5% or 10% off there monthly bill for that month.

3. EscapeLawnn'Garden

EscapeLawnn'Garden LawnSite Member

Put up something in your local grocery stores. I have had to replace my poster 2 time in the past 3 days becuase people are taking all the information cards from it.

4. cessnasovereign

Thanks for the tips.. Yeah I have a referral program thing going on.. If someone signs a contract with me, whoever referred them gets $25. I figured that's a small price to pay in order to get a contract worth about $1700 a year!!!

5. cessnasovereign

Oh yeah, I'm gonna do that to and I'm designing a colorful and informative flier for it.. What did your fliers looks like?
    IMO a colorful, but not kiddy flier would attract more attention than a black and white "John's lawn care. Call for prices."

6. cklands

cklands LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

Spend a couple of bucks and get some jobsite signs. Do a great job, put out a sign and they will call.

7. hostingdiva

hostingdiva LawnSite Member
    from Florida

Put up fliers in any local restaurants that have boards - many coffee shops will. Places like Panera Bread and stuff are good too.

Also, post online in your local areas in places like craigslist.com, postaroo.com and backpage.com - the listings are free so it can't hurt :)

8. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

You would do better putting a flyer of some type on the door of the homes you want to target. You don't want to be driving all over town...but maybe your town is small.

9. rslawnscapes

rslawnscapes LawnSite Member

I'm talking to realtors,multiple property owners and advertising in local papers.Once you get going you may consider investing in magnetic signs,screenprint/embroidery shirts/hats,and maybe some broshures.good marketing and establishing key contacts pay off.you want to stand out in the crowd.

10. 4curbappeal

4curbappeal LawnSite Senior Member

Let your work do the talking! It doesn't matter how many people you know or how large your family is if the quality isn't there!