Going broke

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by LawnEmpire, Apr 29, 2004.

1. LawnEmpire

LawnEmpire LawnSite Member

We are going broke, our truck is costing us tons of money. Right now were out of a truck, its a 93 f-150 so we are already about 4-5 days behind in our work. were spending more on our equipment then what were taking in , i need some help, i need some more big accounts. Does anybody know of any big accounts open or anything, we need some serious help ahhhhhhhhh:confused:
  2. Jay Ray

Jay Ray LawnSite Fanatic

Sorry to hear your predicament, new and hemorrhaging money for equipment and parts myself. Saw a fellow towing a 6 x 12 open, single axle, pretty well laden with equipment, with an old Dodge Caravan. Had an elevated ball to go in the receiver, and the back of the van was riding real low, but he was doing business. Old Caravans often go for $600 or $800 here. I've been thinking of getting one for backup as my truck has low miles but is older than yours. Would be nice to find one with a six in it and with the receiver already it on as installation runs about $260 here. It is a cheap, unpopular, micky mouse vehicle, but it might do in a pinch for a while -- but only for a backup. Sorry, have no idea about accounts in your area. Hope this idea might be of some help, and that you can get rolling real soon.
  3. randy2625

randy2625 LawnSite Member

were you located at lawnempire i work in northwood perrysburg walbridge and rossford
  4. Jay Ray

Jay Ray LawnSite Fanatic

See Commercial Lawn Care forum, now on 2nd page, "Got a lot of strange looks today" by LAWNS AND MOWERS. He rented a small U-haul moving truck. Not a bad idea. Hope you got it solved already LAWNEMPIRE.
  5. seasonal services

seasonal services LawnSite Member
    from ohio

I do West Toledo/Ottawa Hills, Oregon, Maumee/Salisbury Rd and Holland
  6. CNE

CNE LawnSite Member

I use a 1991 Chevy S10 Blazer 4 door with 210,000 miles on it for a backup or second work truck. It pulls my 12 foot trailer pretty good with one mower on it. Haven't tried it with the big trailer and two mowers. It is better than nothing in a pinch. Regular truck is a '95 2dr 4wd Tahoe. I really need a pickup.