Going Crazy

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by tuscanvalleylandscaping, Jan 19, 2006.

1. tuscanvalleylandscaping

tuscanvalleylandscaping LawnSite Member

Is anyone else going crazy this winter. I am all geared up for spring and nothing to do post cards & fliers are ready to to mailed. Equipment is all clean sharpened and ready. Im driving the wife nuts with idea overload,remodeled the kitchen, no snow to plow. but the bad thing is by july i will need a vacation go figure. I think I need a drink and its only 9 am.:drinkup:

2. Green Edge

Green Edge LawnSite Member

Ill join you on that one, it gets boring right around now, but hang in there Spring is just around the corner, try to enjoy yourself for the next month or so you may not have any time once spring is here.

3. jeffex

jeffex LawnSite Bronze Member

Tivo netflix Beer ar all survival gear for winter

4. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Yea this time of year I do alot of riding around in my truck, thats starting to get old now. I have my post cards done, and everything is pretty much ready to go. We don't really start mowing until the 2nd wk in April.

Im gonna have to start my spring training soon, i've been gettin up around 7:45. During mowing season I need to be out the door by 6:45. I feel alittle guilty but it feels kinda good to roll over for that extra hour. Being that it doesn't snow anymore LOL, I have nothing to be up for.

5. justinslawncare

justinslawncare LawnSite Member

i agree it is very boring just sitting home or even riding around. the weather here on the estern shore of MD is crazy. we have had a week of nothing but 55-60 degree weather then it drops right back to winter at 20 degrees. i thought for a minute i would be mowing early. i guess not

6. tinman

tinman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ga

LOL...yea I got to get the netflix back tho

7. Tinkerer

Tinkerer LawnSite Senior Member

Make a baby, then you won't be driving your wife crazy next winter.

8. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

I still have a few things to do before spring. But I'm currently getting back into waking up earlier. I was slacking off and sleeping till 10 for awhile, I'm down to 8:45 now, gotta keep working on it :D

9. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

No. The longer you are in business, the shorter the off season becomes.

10. Littleriver1

Littleriver1 LawnSite Senior Member

56 days till spring. How about them Steelers.