Going "flyering" for first time Monday

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Damian, Mar 1, 2007.

1. Damian

Damian LawnSite Member

In an effort to help my parents cut costs, I'm going to try to do as much as putting out flyers as I can. I haven't even seen what they look like yet, but fear they're the standard one sheets listing services provided and a phone number. My question is this: is there a better way to do this other than rolling them up and sticking them in gates or wedging them in doorcracks- neither of which spark an interest in myself when I see them on my gate/door? I'm not talking about a glue or anything that would cause anger, but some kind of sticky substance that is easily removeable?

2. wildbilly1113

wildbilly1113 LawnSite Member

Hello Damian, I get plastic newspaper sleeves,put in your flyer,then put in decorative white or pink rock for weight and throw it on prospective customers driveway or sidewalk while you drive by.Quick and easy.Good luck!

3. StBalor

StBalor LawnSite Senior Member

go with the putting them in the doors.

4. Mow2nd-2

Mow2nd-2 LawnSite Member

i tape my flyers on mailboxes/ paperboxes, try to put on paperbox if possible if you have to tape to mailbox do it on the side out of the way so the mailman do get mad at you.

5. C.T. Lawn Care

C.T. Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

i have mine on bright green paper and i put them in the flyer box. Mail man will fine you if it is on the mail box

6. Mow2nd-2

Mow2nd-2 LawnSite Member

not unless its not on the door or in their way. i've been doing it this way for 5 years and yes the mailman will call you from time to time but i've never been charged. the main problem at least around here when people put their flyers in the paperbox the homeowners don't get them they sit let them sit there until paperbox is full and they dump the in the trash. i do try to tape mine on the paperbox(when possible) hanging down so the customer will see it, most newer neighborhoods around here install mailboxes with the paperbox mounted to it.

7. Ecoscape01

Ecoscape01 LawnSite Senior Member

8. Leisure Time Lawn Care

Leisure Time Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I use printed post- its and stick them to the front doors. You can get 500 of them for around $50.00 with your name and services on them. This way the homeowner will look at them when they remove them.

9. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

I have never had much luck with flyers but it might pay off for others

10. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't think I would use post it notes that doesn't look professional. I think that would irritate a home owner more then land them as a client