Going from perma-green to a turf tracker.

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Rons lawn care, Dec 16, 2007.

1. Rons lawn care

Rons lawn care LawnSite Member

I have been the lawn care business 7 years and have uses a perma-green
    Centuri rider .Today i bought a turf tracker on ebay at a pretty fair price. What differences will i notice,
    I see a lot of discusion about the pm not much about the turf tracker.
    I have been reading posts for 2 years this is my first time asking a question.
  2. Grandview

Grandview LawnSite Gold Member
    from WI

I think the Turf Trackers are slow and cumbersome. It's all about time.
  3. philk17088

philk17088 LawnSite Fanatic

beware of any wet slope
  4. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

We have been in the same boat as you. PG's, Ztwo's, Zsprays. Tried them all. Don't want to spill the beans, my advice is TURFO. It's new, and it will solve your probs. PM me if you are serious. Happy Holidays, american :waving:

5. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

American, Were all STILL waiting to hear about this TURFCO machine. How about a comparison w/ the PG? Christmas is almost here i think we deserve a peek.:rolleyes:
  6. MStine315

MStine315 LawnSite Senior Member

I have both a PG and a Turf Tracker. The TT is better from an operator's stand point on large properties because of comfort. The PG is better on smaller properties because you don't need a trailer, quick on and off. The TT is very handy spray-wise. 4" pattern on any one nozzle, 8' pattern, center, right, left, or 12' pattern, and then the hand gun. Sprays at 1/2 gal per M. The main problem I have with my TT is streaking. Watch your pattern carefully, as you don't overlap 50% like most systems. You open the Lesco hopper up about 1 1/2 numbers/letters more than normal and overlap about 18". It takes some getting used to, but once you do, it's not a big deal. I am actually looking to sell both my Magnum and TT and purchase a Z. (or this Turfco thingy American keeps touting, lol.) I have run 3 different TT over the past 12 years. If you have any questions PM me, or ask for Tad at 1-800-872-7050 (C&S turf care). They are very helpful for tech support.
  7. jspray

jspray LawnSite Member

Look at proedgesprayers.com and see some unique sprayers. Maybe these will be of interest.
  8. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

Z-spray huh? That's funny, I was sure you said you never had one.
  9. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Never owned a Z-Spray. Just demo'd them twice. (two different sizes). We are still in the market for buying one, but the negative for us is: they require a trailer. I did not mean this to be funny because I have the utmost respect for L.T.Rich. I consider those guys as top notch with high quality units that hold up a long long time.

Never owned a Magnum either -- but we demo'd them more than once as well.

Never owned a TURFCO unit either - merely demo'd one once.

Hope this clears things up.:walking:
  10. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks like something from the transformers movie.