going full time?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mikeklein, Jan 26, 2002.

1. mikeklein

mikeklein LawnSite Member

I currently work a regular job in a warehouse making a measly $22,500. a year.I just started a lawn service last year and did fairly well.My regular job hass been laying people off left and right lately.I had planned on going full time anyway within a couple of years,enough time to pay off small bills and finance a bigger truck before quitting my job to cut grass full time.From what Ive seen and heard,I should be able to at least match my income or do much better with about 25-30 accounts(residential).Does this sound like a good plan?

2. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob3: just from the 9 months of mowing you should surpass 22,500, but still have to take into mind you will have overhead & plenty of headaches. if it were me i would keep my job get a pest. license and learn more about the bus before you give up your job. you quit your job you may hate doing this come august, esp. when you get a couple a burst of rain and the same 2 or 3 people who constantly nage you because you cut them a day late.
    you could even get a job working for a lawn care company and really get a handle for things. just an thought. Tony

3. Remeber your you are probably going to match that is Gross not net.

So I would have to say about 40 to 50 accounts at $30 or so each.

That's just a very large ballpark but you get the idea.

4. tsmiff1

tsmiff1 LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

5. cormierlawn

cormierlawn LawnSite Member

I would like to but I guess i am just scared that i wouldn't get enough business to take off.. That is one of those GUTS questions

6. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

CLC,

With all those services listed on your web page you mean to tell me your too scared to take the plunge cause you might not find enough work???????????????????????????????

Puhlease.

The works there.........gotta find it.

I couldn't find enough either when I was working full time. There was not enough time to work.....then work the lawn thing......and look for more work to support the lawn thing. Sooner or later something will give............or you'll go crazy.