Going full time

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LCME, Jan 4, 2005.

1. LCME

LCME LawnSite Senior Member

I did well last year part time. So, I'm going full time with my lawn care and landscaping business this year. Thanks to all who have replied to my posts here with my lawn and landscaping questions. Wish me luck.
  2. N.H.BOY

N.H.BOY LawnSite Bronze Member

Good luck man, did you have a fulltime job last year as well? And may I ask how many accounts do you have? Did you get more for this year is that why you are going full time lawn care? Good luck man Im sure you will do great. :waving:
  3. PR Fect

PR Fect LawnSite Bronze Member

Full time second year out. Way to go! Wish you well in 05. And thank you for your replies and great questions in the last year. PR
  4. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Good luck I hope it all works out well for you just work hard and make your lawns stand out from all the others and your work will speak for itself.
  5. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

good luck and don't forget to join the local brotherhood of lawnboys, comming soon
  6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I'm living proof...11 years full time...go for it.
  7. LCME

I had a full time job last year. But, got laid-off. My job was outsource to india. I have 7 snow plowing and 6 weekly mowing customers signed up for this year.
  8. the scaper

the scaper LawnSite Senior Member

This is my second full time year, it was a good year too. I'd say for sure that going full time is a good motivator for your biz, kinda puts your tail on the line if you know what I mean. The thought of punching a clock for the man again seems to keep me focused on my business reeeeal well! I'll make it work or die tryin is the way I figure.
  9. kdbetters

kdbetters LawnSite Member

I have a part time job for the winter right know, but this will be the last winter I do this and it will be just lawn maintenance from now on. One thing is, make sure that you plan for the winter. I didn't and thats why I have a part time job now. Also concentrate on customer acquisition becuase that will keep the $$$ coming in.
  10. LCME

Thanks for the relies. I'm ready with agreements for lawn mowing and snow plowing. Monday I plan to place an ad in the local paper. Hopefully this will get me some more customers and estimates passed out. Will see.