1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

going monthly to bi weekly

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by kirkny1018, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

I wish someone would fix my income for me!

2. Greener Grounds NC

Greener Grounds NC LawnSite Member

1) I wouldnt mow a lawn only once a month unless it was to help a disabled vet or something or two unless it was a big area and cost was $5-6000 a cut.
    2) If your charging $40.00 a month for one cut then it would be $80.00 a cut for two.... why would you give a discount?
    3) I only do lawns every week or every 10 days. If they want it cut bi-weekly then add extra.

example- $40weekly $47.50 -10 days- $60.00 Bi-weekly

3. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

Not sure how 40/week turns into 60/bi weekly it would be 80/bi weekly at least for me maybe 60/ ten days.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

I have customers who prefer bi-weekly mowing but they understand that during peak growth periods it gets cut more frequently. I dictate my terms to my customers, not the other way around.

5. Greener Grounds NC

Greener Grounds NC LawnSite Member

a lawn is the same price no matter what equipment it takes etc. Its quality that counts and makes prices different. I do not do bi-weekly lawns but if i did i would charge 50% more if it didnt need to bed bagged or blow the clumps out...

6. JohnnyRocker

JohnnyRocker LawnSite Senior Member

I am having so many bi-weekly requests this year. New comers, and old ones wanting to switch to bi-weekly. What a PITA. :hammerhead:

7. caseysmowing

caseysmowing LawnSite Bronze Member

This is what explain to potential customers in a polite and professional way. Prevents a lot of problems down the road.
    Posted via Mobile Device