Going on my own

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Echelberry's LawnCare, Dec 29, 2012.

1. toddharmon

toddharmon LawnSite Member

I'm new to this site. Thanks for the direction.

2. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

Last September, I put out signs that simply said this...LAWN AERATION TEXT THEYARDBOY to 90210. I put those signs out around 6AM and by noon I had 6 jobs booked at $150 each.

3. inzane

inzane LawnSite Silver Member

i've always wanted to do the sign thing, but i keep hearing that in my area their are potentially pretty big fines for that. I see them pulling signs out of the ground all the time.. (the county sheriff truck) I thought about putting them up from 5p.m. till dark on certain intersections near communities i'd like to be working in. if i pull them up and don't leave them out there all the time mabee i'll be OK. guess i'm gonna have to check the laws in GA. :)

4. Echelberry's LawnCare

Echelberry's LawnCare LawnSite Member
    from OHIO

Thanks for the input.I have decided to go with craigslist,local news paper,and signs

5. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

Where I placed my signs was just outside the city limits on roads people traveled to get to the interstate to commute to work. City pulls them up pretty quick if they are inside city limits. County here is pretty lax about it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. lawns by design

lawns by design LawnSite Member

Hey Your Site looks really nice who did yours ? Did it come with some type of Sco to help with google ?

7. 8rickyj

8rickyj LawnSite Member

I put myself on Google Places and Yahoo. My Facebook page is about 35% of my business and the local Chamber of Commerce is another 35 to 40 %. I havent spent one dime on ad words and if you Google Jacobsen Lawn Service Oswego Il you will see all those listings were free. I was forced to advertise with no money