going on vacation should i change my answer mechine?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by ant, Jun 19, 2002.

1. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

going away for a few days soon. should i change my recorded message on my mechine that states that i will be out of town till ?..?
    anthony:cry:

2. Stonehenge

Stonehenge LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Midwest

I don't think you should be going on vacation this time of year, but that's just me.

3. kris

kris LawnSite Bronze Member
    from nowhere

It says in your profile that your a part timer .... yes change your message.
    Im having a lousy week here ...sure wish i could get away.

4. Brickman

Brickman LawnSite Bronze Member

I have already had the same message on the phone for about 2 years. I wouldn't change the message for a few days. For a few weeks, maybe.
    After all it isn't your customers biz to know what you do on your free time.

5. Doogiegh

Doogiegh LawnSite Senior Member

I would NOT change my answering machine message.
    It's a clear invitation for anyone who calls to figure out that you're gone for a nice long time, a perfect oppurtunity to come a-knocking on your door to maybe steal some equipment, a trailer, or even rob your house. I mean after all, you are telling people who call that you're not around.....

I would never change the machine message.

But many answering machines have it where you can call in to it and hit an access code and play the messages. So I would check in every 2 days or so and then if there is anything really major, take care of it.

Just because you're going away doesn't mean your business is.

And if that's too much of a phone bill, get the cell phone plan that offers nation-wide long distance included and like 400 prime time minutes for like $45.99.. At least that is what it is here in NJ.

6. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

A few days? Depending on the real time would determine that. Gone for the entire work week? Then yes. Gone for 2 days, then no.

I do change the one on my cell phone when I'm out of town. Office phone only when I'm gone for more than 4 days.

7. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Ant
    Just Check Your Messages. If Anything Important Call Them.
    Have A Nice time If that.s what your doing.
    Johnny G. :cool: :cool: