Going Organic

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by Pristine1, Feb 3, 2009.

1. JDUtah

JDUtah LawnSite Silver Member
    from UT

It will be a slick custom job. Bells and whistles for sure...

It isn't a CT trailer so to speak. In fact, I am not a believer in regular CT applications.

Big coins? Yeah, but if it does what I expect it to do... *drool*

2. Mr. Nice

Mr. Nice LawnSite Member
    from zone 7

Imo good AACT provides more then just microbes?

With out a doubt compost is king! are all compost created equal?

Tea's and foods apps are just tools in the bigger picture of things. All situations are different, to me organic practices should never be set in stone. Use whats needed at the time and go from there to meet your goals. if your grow needs immediate N? use urea or other?? just keep your EC under 1..

Use what appropriate, situation depending. There are no silver bullets, not even compost is one." of course depending on existing conditions"

I know a good soil drench and light foliar app of tea at the same time does wonders for turf ,tree's shrubs, annuals/perennials:)

If your soil test comes back with super high OM, good nutrient profile and a truly active complete
    microbe community? is compost necessary? If you start with great soil? water properly mulch clippings if turf and feed accordingly if needed..?

Moral of the story? What are your goals? take appropriate measures to complete grow.
    There is no SET way to apply tea's or anything for that matter..they are tools, learn about and how to use them correctly.

As far as what to charge??? it really depends on what your client expects and your market will allow.

I find most in this biz use a synthetic program wrapped in a organic matter bow:confused: because it's easy and marketable.

Again it will become clearer over time what works, what doesn't, whats real and whats not? Im not criticizing but there's many ways to do it.

Again what does your costumer expect from you???
    can you give them a realistically/economically priced program to meet their needs.

It's up to YOU to explain the realities of organic's, whats possible and whats not given the situation and economics. and what you are capable of doing for them?

GOOD LUCK!

We haven't even addressed the weed issue yet?:laugh: Don't make it complicated, be realistic with your costumers...

3. treegal1

treegal1 LawnSite Gold Member

stand up and take a bow!!!! well said!!!!!

I tell folks that ask about an organic method sure i can sell you an airplane, but can you fly the thing????

4. Mr. Nice

Mr. Nice LawnSite Member
    from zone 7

Maybe start with soil with those organism's for your brewing? just a thought;)

JD, 18000 for a spray rig?

5. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

Ok for 18k what would you get?

6. Mr. Nice

Mr. Nice LawnSite Member
    from zone 7

O thanks Tree! see what us rope smokers are capable of? JK....:waving:

7. JDUtah

from UT

A souped up version of what you already have. One that pushes the limit of customization... like McDonalds cooking 48 hamburgers at once with the push of one button...

8. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

OK so it will have Racine stripes? chrome wheels?

9. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

I'm gonna be the black sheep here and suggest looking into extraction instead of AACT given the volume you are considering. If you have a cheap and plentiful supply of compost, this could potentially save you much money on startup costs.

10. JDUtah

from UT

Haha, spinners, 16" subs, tinted tank, the whole bit...