Going out of business sale!

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by cessnasovereign, Nov 29, 2006.

1. cessnasovereign

cessnasovereign LawnSite Senior Member

Well, I've decided to get out of the business.. This isn't failure, as I've had a pretty good first year. Managed to build around 30 accounts, did several thousand dollars in aeration in one month, and still get calls everyday... But I'm just burned out and it shouldn't be this way in your first year. So, I've decided to close up shop and go after my actual dream of being a State Trooper..

Anyway, my question is.. What to do with all of the accounts?
    I've cancelled many of them this month, just got bored of doing them and just kept the best ones and the ones I needed to get by on, money wise. I've listed all my stuff in the for sale section here, even the truck.. But I'm wondering if anyone has ever seen a successful sale of a complete setup?
    Like I'm thinking truck, trailer and all the equipment.. Maybe someone wishing to start up would be interested in it vs. selling it all piece by piece.
    And as for the accounts, maybe if I could find someone local they'll just take it all.
    So, any suggestions on getting rid of this stuff ASAP?

2. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

It happens, sorry to hear your getting out of the business. I get burned out every year around October but I start getting excited again by November.
    Good luck with your dream! I have been thinking of becoming a volunteer police officer but I already am a voly FF and EMT so I don't think it would work.

3. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I would advertise it in the local paper and see if that gets you anywhere.

Good luck with your future endevors!

4. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

I deal with state troopers on a daily basis. You really want to be one of those? J/K! I seem to have delt with all forms of emergancy services. FF/EMT now I dispatch highway patrol and other state law. I enjoy it though.

Good luck!

5. Tn Lawn Man

Tn Lawn Man LawnSite Senior Member

Most cops leave police work for lawn care, not the other way around.

Good luck.

Put the word out and you will be surprised who buys.

6. JJLandscapes

JJLandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

The first year was the most stressful for me it just gets easier and easier

7. Idealtim

Idealtim LawnSite Senior Member

Are you going to take a beating on the equipment with only one year of use on all of it? or did you buy used?

8. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Idealtim, could you post a pic of your homemade bagger. I wanna check it out.

9. conger

conger LawnSite Member

What type of equipment do you have? I'm trying to start a buisness here in Pensacola from scratch. I have nothing at the moment, so I'm looking for some good equipment.

10. BBN

BBN LawnSite Member

You'll get burned out in the law enforement field too. Trust me.