1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

going price for shrub remoaval

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by packy, Feb 9, 2002.

1. packy

packy LawnSite Member

I'm looking for the going price on prices for removing medium size bushes and installing new. Break down doth was would be helpful. Just prices on labor .

While I'm Here, save me some time, how many square feet will 1 yard of mulch cover at a depth of 2 inches.

Anyone's time is greatly appreciated, again thanks Packy
  2. SCL

SCL LawnSite Senior Member

Breakdown on shrub install, do a search, its been beat to death. As for the removal, depends on whether you can get a machine in or not, what kinds of shrubs, disposal fees, etc... I look at removal as an hourly rate cause you never know what you're gonna get in to. Also, make sure you call the utility locators as the roots of shrubs grow around things like electrical lines and gas pipes. Don't like surprises, shocking, explosive or monetarily taxing as they may be.
  3. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

It depends on how big of an install it is. Today I bid a $6400 install which would require removing 3 Rhodies, 5 Viburnum Davidii, 1 small photinea shrub, and 2 or 3 other small plants. I just included a few hundred dollars to do this just so I could get the install job. It's really not that much work unless the existing plant are really big. I'd rather give them a deal on the removal and get the install, which is where the real profit is.
  4. Lanelle

Lanelle LawnSite Bronze Member

5. PAPS

PAPS LawnSite Senior Member

When we bid on new plantings and they want the old shrubs removed, I pretty much include the removal in the cost of the job. With our Bobcat, we rip shrubs, trees, and roots out in seconds. i just add on like $150.00 extra to the bid to cover the removal. if i was doing a job with ONLY removing shrubs. I would bid where as it would be worth my time going there. So if there was say (1) shrub... i'd probably charge like $75