Going rate for mowing in your ares

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mock, Mar 12, 2008.

1. mock

mock LawnSite Member

just wondered what the going rate for mowing is in your area I know its differnt in all place's but i'm just looking for an average.

2. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

Nw Iowa - rates are getting cheaper. I mow everything from 1000K to 30 acres. Once again school bid came up, 80 total acres, went for around $12.50 an acre. Average yards - 5 - 8K going rate for me is around $20 - $25 depend on bagging, accessable with a Z.

3. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Prices are gong down in Texas also......the justmowit kind of guys are marching the prices down down. And this year they sent their advertisement thru the mail sorta like Scotts. We intend to keep matching them....

4. IMAGE

IMAGE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from midwest

Small yards about $30. Bidding rate for commercial is around $40-$45 an hour, so your best bet is to be as efficient as possible, try to get the hour jobs done in 45 minutes.

5. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

Regular 1/4 acer lot I wont touch anything for under 45.00

6. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

My average lawn is around 20-25 for about 6000 sq ft., I usually get these properties done within 30-40 min.

7. bigclawn

bigclawn LawnSite Senior Member

96 of our properties are a residential mix--low of 41.25 (9 min m/t/b/) to 165. (3 m/hrs)--average in the mid 60's--BUt--we mix res with some comm and HOA during each day and average out to a little over 85 per m/hr for the day including driving time----it's all in the mix and having the right equip and people. We run 3 fully equipped trucks--ONE person to a truck and meet up on larger places as needed.

8. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

on my residential i have one $30 the rest are from $40-$150
    commercials are $125-$250

9. flattoplawncare

flattoplawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Hello why don't you just give the customer your price and if they don't bite say what will it take to gain your business today? and they will say well i was thinking 30 instead of 40 say ok john i understand you have a budget just like me so i will meet you half way and we call it 35 sound fair? Now i am in this area on mondays will this be ok for you? if you do this for every customer and bid it a little over what you really want and then come down a little you will get what you want. Its easy and you then you should be on your way to a good relationship with your customer.

10. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

8$ to show up and then $2.00 per inch of height so a lawn with 4'' of grass is only 12 bucks no matter how big the lawn we travel as far as 50 miles aslong as you are in our Circle. we do have extra services like WEED WACKING AND EDGING but these are only for our CASH customers ..lol