Going rate for trash/debris disposal

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by greenchoppers, Feb 21, 2011.

1. greenchoppers

greenchoppers LawnSite Member

Hello Forum,

We was wandering what is the going rate across the country to dispose of a trailer load (15-yards) of trash and/or junk? I am not asking about green debris (trees, leaves, grass, etc). Our green debris typically lands on our burn pile and goes up in smoke.

I am asking about trash and/or junk....stuff you cannot burn and basically has to go to the landfill.

Thanks.

2. FLAhaulboy

FLAhaulboy LawnSite Senior Member

Everybody has a different charge rate these days. It would depend on what I'm hauling away-how much the debris weighs, how far I have to drive, can I back up next to the debris to load it or have to wheelbarrow or hand carry it, plenty of variables involved. On average, I'd charge $300+ for a (15) yd load & would have to preview the debris before I'd quote a price. I quoted a house clean out job today that will prob be at 15 yds, at $550, thence its more harder work & time consuming when cleanouts are involved.

3. RoyalTree

RoyalTree LawnSite Member

It costs 108 and change to dump 15 yards around here.

4. greenchoppers

greenchoppers LawnSite Member

Just curious, how far away is your landfill/dump site from your usual work area?

5. vencops

vencops LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

I've done SEVERAL home cleanouts. My trailer I use for these is 6'X10' with 2' rails.

The most I've ever paid (pay by weight) at the dump was a hair over $26 (for one load). Most I've ever paid (dump fees) is +/- $70 for one home (3 loads).

Now....you gotta figure your hourly rate + fuel + Any special tools needed.

I figure out how long I think it's going to take me (hours) and figure $100/hr.. That includes EVERYTHING mentioned above. It's worked for me.

Good luck.

6. RoyalTree

RoyalTree LawnSite Member

there are 3 dumps around the county which puts us about 30 mins away at any given time. sometimes less, sometimes more. most of my teucks dump in our yard and the grapple truck runs it over to the landfill when he has nothing to do. our yard is about 20 minutes away.
    Posted via Mobile Device