Going Rate

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by big_country, Aug 24, 2005.

1. big_country

big_country LawnSite Member

I don't know if this is exactly is a landscaping question, but I just purchased a b7510 Kubota to do some odds and ends. I may occasionally do a little landscaping but more leveling and finish work. Can you guys give me a figure of the rate I should charge or try to get. I'm in western KY, is about $40 a good starting figure to start with an hour.

2. Dreams To Designs

Dreams To Designs LawnSite Bronze Member

The daily rate for a machine of that size and operator is between $500 and $750 per day in my area. You have to consider transportation, fuel, insurance, overhead and wage to determine your price.

Kirk

3. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

It is really important too figure fuel in your qoute.
    My Powerstroke with the 25 foot gooseneck I figure 10 mpg.
    Diesel at 2.50 gallon just a a 10 mile one way trip takes 5 + bucks round trip.
    I will suspect you will burn aroun 1 to 1.5 gallons per hour in your machine.
    Most of my jobs require me too drive on average 30 miles one way.
    Thats a 60 mile round trip.So before I have started the machine I am already in the hole for 15 bucks.
    So I start at a 120.00 min.
    That covers the first hour.As the jobs lengthen the hourly rate comes down.
    I never get below 45.00 per hour and or 400 dollars a day.

You also must consider what you are doing and the load on your equipment.
    I have a L3710 Kubota with a loader.A little bigger than yours.Mine burns more fuel also.

Without a Harley rake it will take longer too do this.
    I have cut my prep time in half since purchasing it.
    I still charge the same though. :)

4. big_country

Thanks for your guys advise.
    AWJ what your calling a Harley rake, is that a landscape rake your speaking of?

5. AWJ Services

from Ga

Some people call them Power rakes.
    There expensive but worth every penny.
    When you get good with it you can actually barely touch the surface and it will rake all the rocks off the surface without disturbing the soil base.
    You can put a hyd side bar on your tractor and actually raise and lower one side only to do drainage ditches or to help with water drainage issues.
    On gravel drives it will actually pull the embedded gravel back up too the surface.It basically took the place of a rake,boxblade and pulverizor.
    I use my front bucket for rough grading.

http://www.glenmac.com/

Heres a link.

6. big_country

What does one of those power rakes run, say a 5' ? You can use them like a box blade too you say, you don't use a box anymore, you can do it all with the power rake?

7. AWJ Services

from Ga

They are not ideal for moving large amounts of dirt.I have a bucket on front that I use for that.If you are finish grading usually you ar not moving much dirt.
    They ar expensive .I would check with some dealers.I lucked up on a 5 foot used for 3700.00 dollars.
    If yor Tractor does not have a loader you will still need a Box blade.
    I rarely ever us the box blade anymore.