1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Going rate?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Stripper, Sep 7, 2004.

1. Stripper

Stripper LawnSite Member
    from Ky.

I'm curious what lco's are charging state to state for the services they provide, and to gauge where I fall in line.

Fert./Weed Control
    Bush trimming
    Leaf removal
    Mulching per/yard
    Power seeding
    Etc....... payup
  2. dlandscaping

dlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from mass

Mulching try to make 40 a yard. Aerating atleast $100 an hour. Overseeding is aeration + 2* materials or 2.5 materials for seeding. Cleanups are hourly or what you bid. This spring we did per job, the fall we will go more towards per hour. Bush trimming what you make per hour mowing (gross) + 10 per man hour because bushes are a pain.
  3. naturescaretaker

naturescaretaker LawnSite Senior Member

4. DFW Area Landscaper

DFW Area Landscaper LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

Fert/Weed app: six apps per year - $38.97 per app minimum for the first 5,000 sq ft.

I don't make much money fert/weed apps. By the time I grab the back pack with MSMA, the back pack with Manage, and the back pack with 2,4D, spread the fertilizer and run the blower (iron in the Lesco 28-3-10) and after the cost of goods sold, it's pretty low margin work. Once the lawns are cleaned up and predominantly weed free, it can be good money.

Bush trimming: My best margin product. $.60 per man per minute while on the landscape. Includes load and unload time.

Mulch: $3.00 per cubic foot and more if the beds are really weedy or there is thin jasmine. This is for shredded cypress mulch.

I don't sell any of the other stuff.

DFW Area Landscaper
  5. Stripper

Stripper LawnSite Member
    from Ky.

I Appreciate The Input, Keep It Coming............
  6. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

Have you tried a search on each service... there is a ton of info to be found.
  7. Dwan

Dwan LawnSite Member

Doesn't mater what we do but we try to average a $1000 a day. This year is looking good so far.
  8. Turf Dancer

Turf Dancer LawnSite Senior Member

The going rate varies from $20 to $35 an hour here. There are a couple people charging $45 and $50 but the customers don't realize it !
  9. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Aeration- try for 100 hr but will go as low as 70 pending if I am there and have time I will drop some to make a sale.
    Bark/Mulch- 60-85 a cu/yard pending amount of prep and weeding there is to be done. 150 min or 1cu yard min for yearly customers.
    Fert is based on how big a yard and usually is a min of 25. I don't have my pesticides license yet so I sub out weed/fung/pest. I make min of 10% profit on all sub.
    Slit seeding is .05 a sq/ft with a 75 min.
    Leaf removal is per job.
    Hedges and shrubs and tree pruning is per job and try to make a min of 65 hr. When I pull out the chainsaw it is a min of 100 per hr. I hate saws they can really bite you.
    I shoot for 45-80 hr on all my bids pending wether I need the work/ have time and wether I think I can sell a person as high. Also location and accesibility(sp) has alot to do with my pricing. If I can get several accounts together I will price a little lower than one account away from everything. I try to drop the gate only 6 times a day. So grouping clients together saves me alot of time.
  10. turfcare

turfcare LawnSite Senior Member

$60.00 an hour is about what I average.