going rates

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by joelbouch, Feb 24, 2009.

1. joelbouch

joelbouch LawnSite Senior Member

hello all i need help my company does moslty all landscape services but we just got handed a a new card to be delt one of are commercail customers wants us to do irragtion work to his existing system and wants us do do it at 4 of his sites ive done the work before and fixed them but my question is this
    whats the going rate for

start up

fall blow out

basic maintence

2. Flow Control

Flow Control LawnSite Bronze Member

Only you can figure that out. Personally I would sub it out to a irrigation company and hopefully that could benefit the both of you down the road.

3. joelbouch

where not sure yet just trying to get a sense of idea of what everyone else is chargeing and go from there were we are there isnt a really ant irragtion companys per say

4. Stuttering Stan

Stuttering Stan LawnSite Bronze Member

It doesn't sound like you really understand irrigation. Find a local company that specializes in the trade.
    After looking at your website, you are already a pro. We should be asking you pricing questions:confused::confused::confused:

P.S.- Nice Walker

Last edited: Feb 24, 2009
  5. joelbouch

we put it on there for the homeowner see and we get the full serice

thanks

6. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Failed the grammer and spelling test, why should we help on pricing? :dizzy:

7. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Quote of the month. :hammerhead:

8. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

Here is the deal. You will need to understand what your costs are to get the job done. This has been discussed a thousand times on LS. I will tell you I can't even break even at $65 an hour. Which means I must charge more than that on a service call. If I could break even at $10, I would be charging alot less. (well not really, but for the sake of argument).

All pricing is dependent upon the cost to get the job done, and what profit you want to make. If you don't know how much it cost you, how do you know if you are making any money?

9. bicmudpuppy

bicmudpuppy LawnSite Silver Member

Come, come. It just CAN'T be that simple. I've got to be making money, they keep giving me checks to cash. Cash in =X. Cash out=y. I know that y is greater than x, but I AM making money. Really I am. I just cashed a check :)
    I do it with new Math and bailout money :)

10. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Aye theenk yew shuld prawbubly hier somewon hoo knoes irrigayshun iff yew half thatt mutch woerk oar subb owt tha werk too anothir compaknee like thee uthers sed