Going skid rate

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Schrock Lawns, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Schrock Lawns

Schrock Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

I'm problay going to get a skid and wanted to know what's te going skid rate for tracked skid steers it would be a cat 279 I just Cana know what the going rate is for operator and skid
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Marek

Marek LawnSite Bronze Member

Around here there are guys working from 50 - 110 per hr .What type of work are you looking at doing

3. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Thts a pretty big machine for landscape work. Depends on the type of work. I charge anywhere from $85/hr to $150/hr with a 4hr minimum. Or i price the job bybthe day. To many variablse. Everybody will have a different number. What do you plan to pull this skid with?
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Schrock Lawns

the 1500 will do it now but it wont win any races and struggle alot mayis or around their i hope to get a 2500-3500

5. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Ummmm no. You might want to rethink that. That truck will not stop a trailer pulling that skid. Plus its illegal by DOT regulations.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Schrock Lawns

well its eather the 259b3 or the 279c

7. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

What will this skid be used for? That will help you decide what size machine you will need in the first place. And you have to get a trailer to haul it around, and by the sound of it a truck aswell.

8. Schrock Lawns

trailer will be bought when i buy the machine im getting a bigger truck this year.

9. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

What are you using the skid for???

10. Schrock Lawns

grading ill use it on my land alot of different stuff and landscaping