Going skid rate

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Schrock Lawns, Jan 23, 2013.

1. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    from Maine

Chances are that 250 will be overloaded on the rear axle hauling the 279. $600 per month for 4 years is a HUGE commitment of capital. Good luck and personally I wouldn't dump a ton of money on a machine that has the "potential" to make money. My first skid was an 1835 Case that helped build the colonies in America. It was cheap and worked fine for what I needed it for, you don't always need an expensive piece of equipment to do the job.

2. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

It's great that you are ambitious but it makes no sense to buy a big skid/ctl. Go get a ASV/Terex PT30, you can pull that with what you have and you can really make a nice niche for yourself.

3. Schrock Lawns

Schrock Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

i wouldent be getting it my step dad owns the company so were all legal and that stuff, i basiclay just work for the company but will own it the day i turn 18 because i started it but he took over to become legal if that makes sense.
    the company would apply for it and dad would cosign not me.

4. jrs.landscaping

from Maine

So you're Inc.?

5. Schrock Lawns

Yes I'm fully licensed
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. SVA_Concrete

SVA_Concrete LawnSite Senior Member

Easier to read..... no?

7. Schrock Lawns

Oh well
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Deererunner

Deererunner LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

What he is asking, are you insured? Honestly a business license means nothing if your not insured.

Also on another note, how is it legal for a 14 year old to operate a skid steer, it's not. Doesn't matter if your dad owns the company, you do something wrong while operating it, your father is held reliable for it. The fines that could come out of it are huge. If you think it's not illegal to do,then go read OSHA.

Not bashing on you but you need to slow down your thinking. Ambition is great, getting in over your head is not.

On another note, have you ever done any gradin work, and machine operating, any other job possibilities then this "one" job?
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Schrock Lawns

ive done small grading work with my uncales tractor, the first time i drove a skid i think i was 9 and ive been driving them sense. yes i do have other jobs i can use the skid for besides this one grading job, but i havent really lined any up because i dident know i was most likley going to be getting one,
    as for osha yea i know its not legal but i can drive skids better then him and am very safe. as for liability insurance no should be done by the middle of febuary

10. jrs.landscaping

from Maine

I was asking if you were incorporated.... you say the business is buying the machine, so you must work for a corporation?