1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Going to buy 1st Electric Mower (for self)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mdvaden, May 5, 2008.

1. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

After years and years of using gas mowers at home, and really fancy mowers on the country clubs, it's going to be interesting to buy and own my first electric lawnmower.

Have not figured out which brand yet.

Nothing like a Robomower - just a push mower.
  2. tb8100

tb8100 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from TX

cool. Post pix when you get one!
  3. Dave_005

Dave_005 LawnSite Senior Member

one of my neighbors has an electric mower watching him drag around that 100 foot cord all over the yard is just to funny. and then he complains every time when hes finished and has to roll up the cord. lol
  4. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

Well, we were considering the rechargeable, so my family would not have to deal with gas, extentions cords or fumes or having the cord snap due to compression.

Should work well for just two 400 square foot areas - about 10 minutes worth of run time.

So far, the rechargeable batteries in my cordless drill have proven reliable for about 6 straight years of continual use with those original batteries.

And we figured that the rechargeable batteries and electric mowers have been around long enough to give it a go.
  5. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Aw come on! Get a gas powered mtd from home depot. Or a troybuilt from lowes. That's the best cheap 21" I've seen for home owner use.
  6. KingMoneyNYC

KingMoneyNYC LawnSite Member

i've had relatively good experiences with neuton cordless mowers from drpower...i'd recommend them