going to buy a BETTER QUICK 36, need help fast!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CURB APPEAL NC, Jan 11, 2005.

1. CURB APPEAL NC

CURB APPEAL NC LawnSite Member

I do only residentials right now. I think it would be ideal for me and is in my price range $2K. But, I want to get the best for my money. I was wondering if I added 500 or a 1000 to this $2k, is there any other W/B in this range that may be better?? thanx guys! rookie out!

2. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

If you want to mulch I would look real hard at the Exmark HP in that price range. Excellent mulcher and the ability to dial in your deck rake for what works best on your lawns. You can move the deck rake up or down in 1/16in increments in less than five minutes. Awesome cutting machine at low cutting heights, accepts a striping roller.

3. CURB APPEAL NC

and also should I go for the bagger @ $320 it doesnt look like it would hold very much to be worth it?

4. CURB APPEAL NC

What does the exmark go for?

5. nitrotim

nitrotim LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

6. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

the bagger is worth it IF you want to bag. It packes extremly well. and does hold a lot of grass.

just so you know, the quick 36 does not go through all 36" gates. the hinge placement on some of them makes it impossible. you could probably get through if you built a little ramp that would get the deck over the hinges.

in my opinion the quick 36 is a great machine. the turf tracer is better for mulching though, I wish gary would come out with a fully baffled mulch kit. do a search for a thread I started called my opinions on the quick 36.

7. Carolina Cutter

Carolina Cutter LawnSite Senior Member

Whoa Junior. I don't really know anything about the Quick 36 so I can't say good or bad about it. BUT....I can say go get yourself an Exmark 36" belt. That is what I use and will never change from Exmarks. Maybe you and I could hook up one day and you could try it. I tried one of my friends first and that sealed the deal. Exmark will run about the same so take a look at them.

8. Carolina Cutter

Email me if you are interested in an EXMARK. exmarkmetro36@yahoo.com I will contact my dealer in Raleigh...he usually will work a good deal for ya. I got a great deal on mine.

Baggers.....get the grass gobbler if you are going to get one. I have this one and my local buddy has the Exmark cloth bagger, we have the same mowers. His cloth bagger is already torn.....my grass gobbler looks almost brand new. A little heavy but you won't notice it after awhile and it WILL LAST! Oh.....and cheaper too!

9. CURB APPEAL NC

Hey that sounds great, thnks for the offer. Its good to see your willing to help me out with us being so close in business! Tells alot about your character!

10. Carolina Cutter

Yea....no problem.....just don't be taking my business...LOL. Seriously...I wouldn't give up my Exmark for anything. It really increased my business last year and productivity. Best move I have made in awhile. I would be happy to contact my dealer and let him know you are interested....just give me some info on what you want, when you want it, etc. I cut mowing times by better than half with that mower...not to mention that customers LOVE the way it leaves a lawn looking. Sure c'mon up to the house.....I'll let you cut my brown grass and onions......LOL.