Going to demo Wright Sentar in am

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by apexlawn03, May 21, 2007.

1. apexlawn03

apexlawn03 LawnSite Member

Got a demo set up for Wright Sentar in am. Wow finally get to demo and mow. Most dealers around here will let you drive them but no blades to mow with. Cant wait to try out new type of mower. Any suggestions ?:usflag:

2. apexlawn03

I demoed the Wright mower today. Great demo. It took some getting used to standing and sitting. Mowed fast and a nice cut. My hands went to sleep a few times not sure why. I might have been holding on to tight. asked about stipping kit and lights? The Rep. was great and demoed and answered all my questions. The 52 inch deck has baffles installed. Did great on hills but I was a little nervous.Faster than my turf ranger from exmark. had med lift blades on machine. I really enjoyed using a fast machine and did not take up lots of room on trailer.:usflag:

3. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a demo as well. It's a 48" Sentar w/23 kawasaki. Used it yesterday and i'll have it through thursday morning. A couple things i don't like is the hand positioning is to high. Thats prob. why your hands fell asleep. Also, My legs kept hitting the sides. Other than that it's really fast, Nice cut and really compact. Not sure what i'm going to do yet.

4. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

any pics of the deck???

5. Supertiger

Supertiger LawnSite Member

I shure whish you guy took some up close pictures of things like the bottom of the deck, how the feild of veiw is from the drivers posision. I cant beleive there are no Wright dealer anywhere near north mississippi.:cry:
    so tell us about the controls. do your hands get tired the way mine do on a pistal grip walk behind?

6. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

How would you say they compare to a wide ZTR such as a Turf Tiger on hills? How would they compare to a walk behind on hill holding ability? Probably not a long enough demo to know but this is a question I've been wondering about standers.

7. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

Yah, the Sentars are quicker. I think they do 10-13mph...they have larger pumps than the standers do. Which should be alot faster than your walkbehind. Not sure on your model but most walkbehinds are setup to max around 6mph.

How do you guys expect someone on a demo to take pictures of the bottom of the deck:confused:

I will make you a deal...if I ever have a customer order a Sentar, I will put it on our lift and get some pics for you before they pic it up :)

8. apexlawn03

Again sorry no pictures. Rep stated a huge difference with baffles installed on 52 inch deck. I to think hand controls are to high from seated postion. my legs also hit and banged on sides as well. I still enjoyed using the machine on all different types of lawns here in NY. Fast and fun and appears to have things in right place for service. Still worried about hands going to sleep. I have a Metro belt and pistol grip walk behind from exmark and my 3 wheeler turf ranger out front mower ride on type. I had trouble deciding were to hold to bar and how or what part of my thumb or fingers to operate controls. When at full speed machine was snappy and pumps quick to respond. Machine I had was 52 deck 25 horse. Still not sure what way I want to go. I like the size on trailer and storing inside. Smaller than my equipment now. It did well on my hills and went up down and sideways. Enjoy> Sorry No Pictures.:usflag: :usflag:

9. bobcat175

bobcat175 LawnSite Senior Member

Did you try a Stander while you were there?