Going to every 10 days now.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jpp, Jun 19, 2005.

1. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

Well, just got back in from taking a drive around some yards. I have decided that I am going to go to every 10 days for lawn cuttings. Been very dry here as of late. How is everyone else doing out there?

2. dlandscaping

dlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from mass

Still going weekly here, and most could use it more often that that. I am going to continue weekly for two or three more weeks, unless we keep getting rain.
  3. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Mine are the same way. Double cutting sucks!
  4. LALawnboy

LALawnboy LawnSite Senior Member

as of right now, we've been getting a lot of rain so double cutting...yea it sucks. some of my yards could probably be cut twice weekly but i dont know if the people would go for that? if you all know a good way to explain this to the customer let me know...ill take any advice.
  5. jpp

Ok guys send some of that rain here please.
  6. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

we could use it in Dayton also. We got 1.5" last Sunday night and that is it...
  7. green thum

green thum LawnSite Member

Yep,going to every 10 days here also.
  8. jpp

The last I saw we have under an inch of rain here in Columbus for the month of June.
  9. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

That heat wave we had toasted most lawns, I was cutting higher then normal to avoid it though. We've been getting tiny hits of rain but not enough to do anything, then the past 3 days have been in the low 60's. I drove by one account last night and it didn't need cut yet, going out in a few to check on them for tomorrow, I may have to wait a few more days, good time to get all the backed up mulch and shrub trimming done.
  10. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob3: i wa thinkin the same thing, took a ride around today and lawn are toastin pretty good, and i could really use to catch up on the sidework that has fallen behind. tony